|Georgie checking out his new bike (22 months)|
We just said goodbye to JuJu and Grandpa T and my Dad and youngest sister Carrie. They were all in town for our nephew Graham's baptism last Sunday. It was so much fun having everyone here. We hope to see all of them soon! I wish they all lived closer.
I LOVE the personalized bookmarks that we put together for all 4 Grandpas and PFC for Father's Day. One of my super creative friends did something similar last year for Father's Day and I made a mental note to try it this year. So, last Monday we headed to A&A Studios in Oak Park and used their vintage photobooth to take the pics. It was pretty hilarious to listen to the girls talk about the pictures namely because the photobooth was not digital (and you cannot delete any outtakes) - and we had to wait 2.5 minutes (imagine that!) for each strip to come out. All in all it was a fun little field trip minus GMC trying to pick up every vintage camera in the store and he kept wanting to press the "go" button in the booth (which led to a strip of him alone in there - where he was actually posing for the camera vs the group shots where he wanted to jump out of C and M's arms). I had the girls decorate a strip of paper with Happy Father's Day and the date and their signatures to put on the back of the bookmarks and we then had them laminated. We then picked out books for everyone to go w/ the cute bookmarks. Fun project!
|Our Father's day bookmarks|
|GMC goofing off and pressing the button|
- Fun dip dyed chopsticks = perfect idea for a summer gathering (order some take out and you are all set)! LOVE this idea.
- Cute rope bun to keep you cool on a warm summer day!
- We have been using our Zoku quite a bit in the afternoons before heading to swim team practice. The girls LOVE making pomegranate limeade pops (courtesy of Trader Joe's pomegranate limeade beverage) w/ slices of strawberries or bananas. I want to try these watermelon-jalapeno ice pops. They look YUMMY!
- I've been looking for SUPER SUPER EASY dinner recipes that are quick. The girls are starving after swim team practice and want dinner ASAP. The other day we tried one that the girls and George have always loved = 3 ingredient pulled pork. SUPER easy and it was ready for us the moment we walked in the door = PERFECT! The root beer makes the pork super tender.
- Enjoyed Joanna Goddard's post on "What annoys you about your significant other." LOVED her husband Alex's comment. He is very wise!
- Adorable golden linen bowed shoes = sweet little heels.
- Found a fun new Etsy shop to add to my favorites = bookhou at home.
- I finished 50 Shades of Grey. Now on to book 2. 15 Actors Who Could Play Christian Grey. Quite the list! Hilarious = Ellen Degeneres reading 50 Shades of Grey. Too funny!
- LOVE these handpainted Taika Flats. LOVE them. Some notes on how they are made!