|Chillin on Craigsville Beach (and looking oh so grown up)!|
|Matching Top Knots - we had to snap a pic!|
|Niagara Falls - Canadian side|
|Jetties Beach Nantucket|
|Millway Beach in Barnstable - Cape Cod|
low tide + sunset = amazing!
|Biking in Nantucket|
|Sailing in Bristol, RI|
|Favorite Ice Cream shop on the Cape = Four Seas!|
|First Day of School|
CMC (8th Grade), MMC (6th Grade), G$ (1st Grade)
How is this possible?!
Happy Friday! Happy Labor Day Weekend! Ok, so I haven't posted in a LONG time. It's definitely been awhile. I honestly cannot believe that today is the first day of September and that we are transitioning back to school and Fall. I adore fall and all that comes w/ it. Layers and cooler temps. Awesome sleeping weather. Leaves changing.
We are saying goodbye to summer. Our summer was definitely a bit front loaded at the start activity/camp wise and we ended w/ our August family roadtrip. Our roadtrip gave us the chance to regroup as a family and the kids had the opportunity to see some new parts of the country that they have not seen before. We saw family and dear friends along the way and created some great memories. There were the typical sibling squabbles and arguing and good ole "are we there yet?!" question but all in all I think we would all agree that it was one of our best trips thus far as a family.
And boom = school started late last week and we officially have an 8th grader, 6th grader and a 1st grader. It's also the first year that all three of them are in full day school. Wow! Bittersweet.
Cheers to the long weekend ahead!
xo - d2
Some of my latest faves:
- Cannot say enough great things about the house we stayed in on the Cape. Plenty of room for the 5 of us to spread out. Loved the history of the house and the fact that the owners kept the original sink and pump in the house for decoration/conversation.
- Some faves from our stay on the Cape: Four Seas Ice Cream (favorite flavors: mocha chip and coffee oreo crunch); Crisp Flatbread (yum = caliente pizza - garlic-fennel sausage pizza w/ roasted peppers and banana peppers) in Osterville; day trip to Nantucket (biked around and hit Jettes Beach); lunch at the beach in Harwich (kids had special fluffernutter sandwiches made w/ love by my aunt); the drive back from Wellfleet to Centerville on 6A (scenic drive); misty afternoon spent at the cape cod chips factory (fun little self-guided tour!); lobster dinner and visit w/ our friends from hingham.
- Favorite adventures front/back end of road trip = staying in Brooklyn w/ our dear friends; seeing the Statue of Liberty; seeing my youngest sister for a moment in NYC (enough time to give her a big hug and a brief catch up); awesome overnight stay on the canadian side of niagara falls (hornblower cruise w/ fireworks was fab!); grilled stickies from the Ye Olde College Diner in State College, PA.
- Can't get this article out of my head = Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation?
- Chicago's 25 Most Iconic Burgers - gotta say that the burger from Au Cheval is pretty amazing!
- Clare V. has wallpaper (didn't realize that!).
- Here's a list of ways to help out people affected by Hurricane Harvey.
- Started the book Quiet (the power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking) by Susan Cain to understand one of my 3 kiddos before. Just learned they have a kid version.
- Summer is coming to an end but I'm still drawn to this simple tank top.
- I decided that it's time I step it up and become more mindful of my summer feet. I've slowly said goodbye for now to my many pairs of havaiana slim flip flops (that have zero arch support). I bought these birkenstocks in silver. These two-tone ones are cute! The graceful orchid color is fun too. And so is the metallic violet!
- Lastly, here's an awesome Beautycounter Labor Day Weekend promo that includes one of my faves = the face oils! Spend $150+ and you can pick a face oil of your choice. My favorite = No. 2 plumping! 411 on face oils.