|Fun family wedding|
Happy Friday! So, it's Cate's Birthday today and we officially have a teenager in the house (and it's Inauguration Day). But hey, I would rather talk about the chocolate cake we'll be having tonight celebrating Cate's bday vs the latter.
CMC has requested a steak dinner tonight so we are heading to a local and old school steak house = Tom's Steak House. And tomorrow night we get to see a dear college friend of mine who is in town. Excited! A group of us is heading to Cold Storage for dinner.
Cheers to a fabulous weekend! And here's to hope and prayers for a peaceful transfer of presidential power.
XO - d2
Some of my latest faves...
- I saw La La Land w/ PFC and LOVED it! Thoughts?! Both Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone were awesome.
- Who watched the season premiere of 'Homeland' last weekend?! WE did! Homeland's Director on What to Expect on Filming Season 6 in New York.
- Exciting news = 'This is Us' was just renewed for season 2 and season 3. Pumped. I am behind though and need to catch up on the last two episodes. 'This is Us': 19 Heartbreaking Moments that Made Us Cry this Season So Far.
- Thousands will be in D.C. to stand with Women. Here's how to stand with them from home.
- Obama's Secret to Surviving the White House Years = Books.
- The best restaurants to try for Chicago Restaurant Week.
- Thinking ahead to Valentine's Day - some of my fave gift ideas from Beautycounter = Be Mine Valentine's Day Duo, Love & Luster Gift Set (on sale!) and The Jet Set (on sale!). Ummm, and guess who was just listed as one of the 20 growing companies that are going to be huge (and hiring now) = Beautycounter!
- Some favorite V.Day cards = Let's Be Frank, You're a Fox, and Like Saturdays and Snooze Buttons,
- Super helpful read = What Teens Need Most From Their Parents.
- Some soup recipes I'm going to try this winter = Joy of Cooking's potato leek soup, crock pot sweet potato basil soup, sweet potato and apple soup, and roasted brussels sprouts and cauliflower soup.
- Good read = The Importance of Showing Up.
- So interesting = The 5 Craziest Hours of the White House. Absolutely loved this = the Bush sisters wrote the Obama Girls a Note.
- Here's a pretty scalloped black top. Cute nautical tunic dress!