|Good ole Mickey ears!|
|Hendry's Beach - Santa Barbara|
|JuJu w/ her 3 pups|
|Fave = In N Out burger|
|Hanging at the beach!|
Happy Friday! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had an awesome time at Disneyland and then Santa Barbara. Let's just say it was difficult to come back to cloudy and cold Chicago! Here's the video of us surprising the kids w/ Disneyland. They had NO idea we were making a pit stop there on our way to Santa Barbara.
On our trip I made a mental checklist of all the things I'm thankful for. And I've gotta say that I love our community (the little village/town that I moved to several years ago - to be w/ PFC and the girls). Over the years we've seen several friends go through various things (loss, sickness, etc.) and this town totally comes together in support. It is pretty amazing. Right now we are praying and sending positive thoughts to a dear friend of ours.
Cheers to the weekend ahead. XO - d2
Some of my latest faves...
- I think we can all now add Santa Barbara to our list of favorite places. We all loved it. PFC and I snuck out for a lovely dinner at The Lark. We waited for our table next door at Les Marchands Wine Bar & Merchant. I had the best glass of Elderflower Soda (this is what I had = amazing). So good! After dinner we headed up to San Ysidro Ranch for coffee and dessert. It has been on my list for awhile. Gorgeous grounds. We had the best piece of chocolate cake with caramel. Divine! Fun fact = John and Jackie Kennedy honeymooned there.
- PFC's birthday was last Friday. My mom and I picked up a cake at Andersen's bakery on State Street in Santa Barbara. We all said that it was one of the best cakes (the georgine) we've ever had! Worth every last calorie. A few folks even went back to the bakery the next day and picked up some extra slices!
- I finished two books over vacation = One Plus One by JoJo Moyes and the memoir Wild by Cheryl Strayed. Loved Wild! Reese Witherspoon is playing Cheryl in the movie. Excited to check it out. I just started the book, The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon. 100 notable books of 2014.
- I read through Oprah's favorites on the plane ride home. Love these boots that were on her list. Of course they are sold out = touched by Oprah!
- I think I'm going to try these butternut squash lasagna rolls this weekend!
- Baby it's cold outside. America's best winter drives.
- I love holiday movies. One of my favorite holiday movies = Love Actually. Favorite scene = Hugh Grant's dancing scene. LOVE it! What is your favorite holiday movie? Here is the holiday TV calendar. We booked tickets to see It's a Wonderful Life at the Music Box theater. It just might become a family tradition of ours!
- What a cool job = head of creative at Farrow & Ball.
- This chocolate peanut butter fudge looks ah-mazing! Yummy!
- We had the most delicious brussels sprouts over Thanksgiving. Best ever = brussels sprout hash with caramelized shallots. I'm in total brussels sprouts mode and I want to try this recipe (raw shredded brussels sprouts with lemon and oil).
- Some great gift guides = something for their home, cards, gift tags and gift wrap, gifts for your best friend, Love this reindeer mistletoe card.
- LOVE farmhouses.
- Hilarious = Prince Harry on his nude pictures. He just makes me smile! And his confession at the end is super cute. Who knew!
- This hot chocolate mix looks super yummy! Would be perfect for the evenings we watch Homeland or The Affair. And fun fact = one of my favorite Homeland actors is engaged.