Happy Friday! One week to go before we leave for Santa Barbara! We are super excited to head out of town especially as we see the temps drop around here. We had to dig out our hats and gloves this week. Ugh! I pulled out my favorite fleece lined handwarmers. Love them! Tonight we are staying in and some of our favorite peeps are coming over for dinner and bringing their little ones. I'm picking up dough so that the kids can make their own pizzas and I'm making this spicy asian noodle dish that is always a hit with adults. And it has a little heat to it = awesome.
Saturday evening I'm heading out to dinner at Nellcote w/ some of my girlfriends. A dear college friend is in town. Looking forward to catching up w/ her. Our plan is to head to Soho House after dinner. Pumped to check it out! Have you been yet?
Have a fabulous weekend. XO - d2
Note: Above pics taken by the talented Alma Veliky.
Some of my latest faves...
- I love soup when it gets colder. This chicken-orzo soup is on my list!
- I replicated a kale salad I had at a restaurant last winter. The other day when I saw some kale at the grocery story I was reminded of how much I LOVED that salad. I made it this week. So good = kale salad w/ quinoa, cranberries and toasted almonds. So yummy!
- Awhile ago I said goodbye to diet soda in an effort to up my water intake. These flavored waters look awesome.
- I bought these slim jogger pants the other day at Target. Perfect weekend loungers! They are more flattering than sweat pants. Here are some ways to wear joggers.
- We're all busy, right? The disease of being busy.
- I try to stay away from peanut butter cups (especially during halloween!). But don't these homemade peanut butter cups look ah-mazing?! Yum.
- Savannah is on my list of cities to visit at some point. Here's a great travel guide of Savannah that I've bookmarked for the future.
- Thanksgiving is around the CORNER! We are so excited to be heading to Santa Barbara to celebrate the holiday w/ my family. I don't think that pie making is on my task list for Thanksgiving but here are 5 common mistakes to avoid when making a pie. And 6 secrets to the perfect pie crust. And cheers to the best pies in America.
- Great necklace!
- 2015 Michelin stars for Chicago restaurants.
- Very cool DIY = gold leaf ikea hack.
- Another dinner hit w/ PFC and the kiddos = Skinnytaste's baked chicken parmesan. This one will definitely be going into the rotation.
- This is always an interesting conversation = extroverts raising an introvert. Are you an extrovert or introvert?
- This paraplegic vet dancing w/ his wife at his wedding had me in tears. Beautiful moment.
- The weather has officially turned CHILLY. Time to hit up a cozy restaurant for a date night. I second Nightwood. Love that place and I LOVE their downstairs space (wine cellar) = super cozy.
- A cute metallic sweater to wear to that holiday party you have coming up. Here's a similar one here. Festive and fun. And both of them are on sale = score!
- The gals picked out some cute holiday dresses to wear this season. M picked out this one (of course = sparkles) and C opted for this one. My personal fave = this cute lace red one.
- The perfect holiday treat to send to your dear friend = chocolate truffle with peppermint ice cream sandwich. YUMMY! The holiday ice cream sandwich collection looks fantabulous!
- The kids don't watch tv during the week but we made a special concession so that we could watch Master Chef Jr. on Tuesday evenings. The kids now want to make a chocolate cream pie like the kids on the show. Fun. We'll try this recipe at some point.
- And 10 grocery store items you should never buy.