Happy Friday and Happy November! Fall is officially in full swing. Halloween was a bit chilly this year and we even saw a few snowflakes! The kids still enjoyed themselves and came home w/ overflowing bags of candy.
Tonight we are chilling. Maybe PFC and I will catch up on a few more episodes of Showtime's, The Affair. We're on episode 2. And then tomorrow night we have PFC's grade school reunion. Fun!
And the countdown is on until we depart for CA for the week of Thanksgiving! Exciting.
Some of my latest faves...
- I finished 2 other books = American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld and Loving Frank by Nancy Horan. Both of them were excellent books.
- Big dinner winner w/ the kiddos a few weeks ago = Baked Ravioli Casserole. Easy to make too!
- Anna Wintour remembers Oscar de la Renta.
- Benefits of meditation.
- I've always wanted a Barbour waxed coat. Here's a similar one for a fraction of the price.
- When I had more time on my hands I used to enjoy making envelopes. Here are some cute ones!
- Fun gold clutch!
- Now that Halloween is behind us I'm in Thanksgiving mode (one of my favorite holidays!). This year we are heading to Santa Barbara (w/ a surprise pit stop in Anaheim to hit up Disneyland) for Thanksgiving w/ my side of the family. Should be a blast (and warmer weather = a plus). We've already been exchanging emails re: the menu. I've committed to making these yummy mashed potatoes and this insanely good Brussels Sprouts Hash (huge hit last year). And the mashed potatoes can be made a day or two in advance = score! Tips for setting a wheat harvest table for thanksgiving. And I too am a huge fan of place cards!
- LOVE this lace dress w/ 3/4 sleeves. So pretty.
- Are you the Default Parent?
- Target collaborated w/ Faribault Woolen Mill company for some great items! They would make great gifts.
- I really dig the whole idea behind Everlane. Love their new infinity scarves. They would make great gifts for sisters, moms, girlfriends. I just bought the chunky sleeveless sweater in black. Some thoughts from their designer.
- Gorgeous temporary tattoos = Tattly + Rifle Paper Co. Wouldn't this be a cute print for a little girls room. And I LOVE this wallpaper. And I love this wallpaper for a little boys room - maybe just one wall.
- So very true.
- I really want to see the movie, The Theory of Everything. Sounds fascinating. Might be the perfect movie for our next date night!
- PFC is a HUGE fan of mac and cheese. Every once in awhile he makes Martha Stewart's mac and cheese = ah-mazing! But this jalapeno and broccoli mac and cheese looks pretty yummy too.
- I've been on a hunt for a good water bottle for awhile. I just got this one from Lifefactory. I LOVE it!