|CMC in Michiana Shores|
|Sunset in Michiana Shores (over the 4th of July Weekend)|
|G$ and Crazy Hair Day at camp|
|Girls Spa Night In (+G$)|
|MMC's biggest fan = G$ (she was getting ready to head out to her Actors Garden musical Pots and Pans)|
OMG, in my last post we were wearing winter coats = wow! We're now fully into summer mode and I cannot believe that come fall CMC, MMC and G$ will be in 7th, 5th and Kindergarten. I know I say this all the time but time flies! You blink and then another year has gone by.
We're off this weekend to Cincinnati to visit a dear college friend of mine. Can't wait to catch up w/ her and her adorable crew! We also get to see some dear family friends too! And of course we are SUPER excited for a Graeter's Ice Cream stop (or 2!). While we can now get my fave - black raspberry chip (the best!!!) at several local grocery stores it's just not the same as getting it from one of the stand alone ice cream shops in Cinci! And at some point this summer I need to make black raspberry chip ice cream sandwiches (similar to this but easier = just assemble!). I like to use the lace cookies from Trader Joe's. These ice cream andwiches are AH-mazing!
Cheers to the second half of summer! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend.
XO - d2
P.S. Some of my latest faves...
- This watermelon salsa looks awesome!
- Feel as though it's always super tough to come up w/ dinner in the summer - as we're always in lots of different directions. Here are the best 15 minute dinner recipes. The asian chopped kale salad w/ miso sesame dressing looks awesome!
- I've added some of these eats to our Milwaukee file = 50 things to eat in Milwaukee before you die. Totally agree w/ the #1 = anything at Odd Duck!
- Hilarious = pack your bags = you can stay at the actual 'Dirty Dancing' resort! How fun!
- Rifle Paper Co. will always be one of my faves. How pretty are these Queen Anne wrapping sheets?!
- Some great scenes from Wimbledon 2016.
- We've been trying really hard to be super diligent about sunscreen this summer. Here's a great post on Demystifying the Myths of Summer Sun Exposure. Myth #1 resonated w/ me as I'm a shade seeker (but had not necessarily thought about UVB rays bouncing off of reflective surfaces).
- Interesting read = Raising Successful Children. I'm personally trying this summer to "let go" a bit more.
- Not sure if we'll get to any of the restaurants in the Thunderdome Restaurant group this wknd - but they are on my list at some point down the road! Our old neighbors (the Lanni boys) are kicking some restaurant booty! Love watching what they are up to these days.
- Avocado toast = yum! Ways to fancy it up = even more fun!
- Obama After Dark. Funny little take away = 7 slightly salted almonds!
- Absolutely LOVE this = In praise of 'scruffy hospitality.'
- I've been a big fan of Lacroix sparkling water for some time now. Why is LaCroix EVERYWHERE?! LaCroix over boys = hilarious! Tangerine flavor = my new fave.
- I've always loved Bono so I was SUPER excited to hear the exciting news a few weeks ago = Bono and Ali Hewson Join a Natural Juggernaut. I love a fab Target collab - check out the collab this fall = Santa Monica Start Up Beautycounter Scores a Target Collab. Honestly, if you have ever thought about joining Beautycounter now is the time. Happy to chat! One of my favorite new products = the charcoal mask!
- My youngest sister recently moved from Brooklyn to the Upper West side and I cannot wait to visit her (hopefully this fall at some point!). I had the best visit a couple of years ago. I'm due for another one!!!
- I'm definitely digging the off the shoulder tops and dresses out there. They look so cute on people. I have yet to get one. This simple linen off the shoulder tee is cute. And here is a super simple tank w/ a fun little bow in the back. Love that little added detail in the back. Oh, and check out this LuLu Off the Shoulder dress from a gal I follow (Cupcakes and Cashmere). And here's another fun off the shoulder top too. LOVE all of Jenna's picks from J.Crew (especially this off the shoulder dress in bold red).
- I haven't been reading much lately this summer and want to find a few good ones to pick up before we head to Montana in August. Any recommendations? Here are 20 Fun Novels to Read at the Beach as Chosen by Authors.