|Grandpa T and JuJu in Lake Geneva|
|Cousins = TROUBLE!|
|JuJu, D2, Steph (missing the youngest pup!)|
|Hanging w/ PFC|
We had the best time catching up with JuJu and Grandpa T this past weekend in Lake Geneva to celebrate my brother in law's birthday. And super fun = we're taking off next Friday to road trip out to Montana and we get to see them again! Wahoo! Please send any book recommendations my way = on my list next week to hit up the library and our local book store. Super PUMPED to cozy up in my favorite chair at the cabin and chill w/ a good book.
Okay, I cannot believe our youngest turns 6 this weekend. How is that possible?! Gosh, I remember the day that Georgie was born like it was yesterday. Time flies. G$ is getting together w/ some of his buds for a little pool party to celebrate and then Saturday he has requested his favorite lunch = Alpine subs! I couldn't agree more. Yum!
Cheers to the last weekend in July! Enjoy.
XO - d2
Some of my latest faves...
- What a great list = Best Old-School Ice Cream Shops in America. Chicago's own Margie's Candies made the cut. For George's 3rd birthday we ended up at Margie's. If you have not been before you must add it to your list!
- The 29 most beautiful rooms on Instagram.
- Who knew there was such a thing as National Lipstick Day = yesterday?! I'm always envious of folks that can totally rock the perfect red. It's just not in my wheelhouse (much to my mom JuJu's dismay - who adores lip stick!!!). I've never been a lipstick gal but I definitely dig Beautycounter's lip sheers (don't feel as lipstick-esque)! And here's an awesome post on Are your beauty products safe? How are they affecting your health?
- I definitely want to build in some meditation into my life. I always think about it yet it becomes a fleeting thought. I'm determined to start!
- LOVE the relaxed tees from Everlane. And I appreciate Everlane's mission of radical transparency.
- Interesting = How These Companies Made the 4-day Workweeks Feasible.
- Michelle Obama's speech at the DNC was super inspiring. There are many quotes that we are going to repeat down the road. Here's the speech in it's entirety.
- So true = the Most Undervalued Women in America are Childless Aunts. I know many and they are pretty amazing!
- 85 Snack Ideas for Kids (and adults). I cannot tell you how many times I hear those words..."I want a snack." Maybe this will provide a little snack inspiration! We're coming up w/ our list for our roadtrip next week!
- Let it Go. Let it Go. Let it Go. 6 Things Happy Couples Always Let Go Of.
- This made me laugh = Early 2000s Status Symbol. I SO remember the majority of these items!
- These little sandals are adorable.
- It was so much fun seeing my mom this past weekend. Zingerman's reminds me of my mom as she used to send my sister and I the sour cream coffee cake from time to time when the two of us lived together downtown. It's the best! And it makes an excellent hostess gift!!!
- 18 Great Chicago Suburban Restaurants = awesome little list. We might be hitting up one of our faves this weekend = Autre Monde.