|Cheyenne, WY (playing around w/ the awesome murals downtown)|
|G$ and CMC (chilling at our hotel in Cheyenne, WY)|
|Dinner at the Rib and Chophouse in Cheyenne|
|Snuck out = date night in Jackson at the Local|
|Awesome breakfast at Nora's Fish Inn in Wilson, WY|
|My happy place = my favorite chair in the cabin to read and cozy up in.|
|G$ w/ CMC watching in the background|
|Hanging in Bozeman, MT w/ JuJu - a little visit to see the cousins|
Happy Friday! So, we are slowly getting back to our routine after our road trip out west. Reentry can be tough. We had an awesome time. There is just something about fresh air and the big sky country that really puts you in a state of zen. Truly. Granted we were on a "trip" vs a "vacation" (awesome read btw) with our 3 kids so there were the obvious sibling squabbles, etc. and the numerous "are we there yet?" questions but overall it was a really fantastic trip. It was some much needed quality time for the 5 of us and a huge bonus = we got to spend some time w/ JuJu and Grandpa T (oh, and time w/ their two labradoodles Maddie and Lacey - can't forget them!).
Now we are in Back to School mode! All 3 of the kids start this upcoming Thursday. We'll soon have a 7th and 5th grader along w/ a Kindergartner. I know, everyone says it ALL the time = where does the time go and time flies - but it is so very true. I thought that middle school was SOOO far away and that any friends in that boat were a window of my (far off) future. And now we've been in that boat for awhile. Each chapter/stage comes with it's own set of "things" and it's so case by case for each kid. Funny how they are so different. So very different. Believe me, we have had LOTS of conversations in our household this summer (especially when we've been under the same roof) that we need to respect one another's differences.
Cheers to the weekend! Those of you who are doing the last minute back to school scramble = good luck! I'm excited to get over the hump of next week and settle into our fall schedule. I love fall clothes (layers!) and the colorful leaves = bring it!
XO - d2
Some of my latest faves:
- Loving the Olympics (especially the swimming and gymnastics). Really loved this article on swimmer Katie Ledecky entitled "Do the Dang Work." My new saying = do the dang! And Ryan Lochte = apologizes for his role in the false robbery in Rio. Secretly (okay not so secretly) fascinated by all of this = Inside the Michael Phelps & Ryan Lochte Rivalry: Why the Family Man Won and the Not the Frat Boy.
- Outside Mag's 16 Best Places to Live. Fun = we were just in Jackson last week and I'm heading to Denver for a wknd in October!
- I read the book When Breathe Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi this spring. I have NOT read a book in a long time that has stayed with me like this one has. I absolutely loved it. Moving. I'm looking forward to attending Dr. Lucy Kalanithi's presentation and book signing in September.
- SUPER exciting news = looks like we might be seeing our Parenthood family again!? Yippee! Super pumped as I miss my Braverman fam!
- I'm a huge fan of Heath Ceramics. I have a few pieces here and there. I don't have dinnerware from Heath but how pretty are all these place settings?! Love them. Appreciate the pairing of the new w/ the old.
- Okay, I always love documenting the various places we stopped on our road trips (so when my memory fails me I can circle back to my notes). Some of our pit stops en route to our final destination (Ennis, MT) included: 1st night = Lincoln, Nebraska (very cool little town if you ask me!) - dinner at Lazlo's Brewery & Grill (Haymarket location), ice cream at Ivanna Cone (ah-mazing homemade ice cream and sorbets - personally loved my key lime sorbet w/ basil, and enjoyed learning about how they make their ice cream) / 2nd night = Cheyenne, WY where we stayed at the Plains Hotel (cool historic hotel downtown) and bopped around the downtown and spent lots of time in The Wrangler checking out the western wear. Our 3rd night = Jackson, WY where PFC and I snuck out for a little dinner sans kiddos at Local (while the kids gladly hung back at the hotel binge watching movies - they were on cloud nine - win win!). The kiddos had pizza at Pinky G's (awesome little pizza place). And I scored a new notebook at Paper and Grace and wish I had more time to check out this adorable little boutique called . I bought my first non-moleskin notebook as they didn't carry them - and I've been SUPER thrilled w/ my new Luechtturm1917 notebook (yes, I get pretty geeked out about paper, cards and notebooks). And just as we were literally heading out of town I ran into MADE (wish I had more time in there - so many great items!). Next trip! We made a pit stop at Nora's Fish Creek Inn for breakfast = awesome!!!
- 8 Genius Hacks for Scoring the Best Hotel Room, Every Time. Totally agree w/ slide 3 = make a call.
- Anxiously waiting to see Bad Moms w/ my sister! Let's get to the theatre ASAP, Stephie! Heard it is hilarious! Who has seen it?!
- Saw this Bella Dahl Off the Shoulder Denim shirt in person = super cute! And I know that summer is on it's way out but this dress is adorable!