Friday, April 15, 2011

My Latest Obsessions

GMC (8.5 months) giving a shout out to Daddy (a.k.a. Pistol Pete) by wearing some western gear.

Pistol Pete gearing up for the Desert Caballeros Ride in Wickenburg, AZ.

Happy Friday! Have a FAB weekend. We are anxiously awaiting PFC's return tomorrow from the 100 mile Desert Caballeros Ride that he is on with my stepdad. The gals and I thought it would be fun to dress up GMC in a little cowboy shirt and send Daddy a pic. And really, is GMC 8 plus months old!? TIME is FLYING! Last year at this time GMC was the size of a rutabaga! The gals are even more into GMC these days as now he is really responding to them and he LOVES it when they put on plays or shows for him. He sits there mesmerized by his older sisters!

I was at a dear friend's baby shower last Sunday (and btw, check out her great post on what she has learned so far). We were all asked to bring a book for the new baby to be's library. It was fun to see some old favorites and I discovered a new one to add to our own library at home = Quick as a Cricket (love that the book discusses individuality and feeling good about one's self). And total side note, but the gal sitting next to me was wearing such a fun shade of nail polish = Essie's Geranium (totally agree w/these thoughts - sassy and sophisticated, oh, and the fact that it gives you the illusion of a tan - bring it!).

Earth Day is coming up (April 22)! The gals keep me in check sometimes when it comes to the topic of recycling and so forth. The other day C and M were asking me about Mother Earth (and wondering who she is). I waited a bit to fully answer them and headed to my usual GO TO = GOOGLE - to get some answers (how do you describe a personification of nature to a 7 and 5 year old)? And then I stumbled upon a poem entitled Save Mother Earth by a 9 year old. And then here is Earth Day Anthropologie style!

C and M are all about butterflies. Butterflies on dresses. Butterflies on headbands. I stumbled upon these unique Butterfly Collages (via jaime mancilla's shop on Etsy). Wouldn't this be a great gift for a butterfly fan or to put in a little girls room?!
Gingham has been on my mind lately. How cute is this blue gingham and polka dot bunting!? And some gingham inspiration!

I was talking with a friend about the fact that I will sometimes start my to-do list with a task that I've already done. Yes, VERY guilty of doing that (why not feel as though you have accomplished something when the to-do list is overwhelmingly long?!). She later emailed me that she saw the exact thing on Glamour's Hey, It's Ok! section.

And I'll part with something a little bit old school = record player (kiddie style).

Later, D2

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails