|A pic from our lunch at American Girl Cafe - so much fun!|
Happy Friday and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Wow - 2012! This past year has FLOWN by. Georgie is almost a year and a half and the girls turn 6 and 8 this month. Today is our last day of winter break and the gals head back to school on Monday - back to reality and our usual schedule. One of our favorite activities during break was heading to American Girl for lunch. We had a blast - such a rite of passage for girls.
A dear college pal and her husband are in town this weekend and a few of us are getting together Saturday evening for dinner. We are heading to Chicago q, a place that has been on my list for awhile. My sister has been raving about it and I just saw the Check Please! episode about it. This type of food is right up PFC's alley. And Sunday is my BIRTHDAY - which Elvis and I share together. I'll be playing tennis in the morning and then my tennis gals are taking me to brunch at Marion Street Cheese Market = YUMMY! Their brunch menu looks DIVINE. PFC asked what I wanted for my birthday dinner - when we'll celebrate w/the fam. I forwarded him this delicious looking recipe from Bon Appetit - Black Beans and Rice w/Chicken and Apple Salsa - excited to try it! YUM!
Some of my latest faves:
- The Etsy world can be intimidating - where do you begin w/o getting lost in the shuffle?! Great article on 10 Great Etsy Shops You Need to Know. Ummm, check out the Skinny laMinx store = FAB. I see why she gets so many hits. Lots of press for this talented gal.
- Big news in the restaurant/chef world = Charlie Trotter's is closing come August - and The Food Trends that Charlie Trotter Pioneered.
- I have been holding Thank You Note writing sessions w/the girls over break. We try to get one or two done a day. I want the girls (and eventually GMC) to understand the importance of thank you notes. My mom drilled this into us as kids and I still do my VERY best to make sure that thank yous go out (even if some slip thru the cracks). Here is a post on the Anatomy of A Thank You Note. Cute vintage style thank you postcards.
- Great article on a topic that I have been thinking a lot about lately - in relation to our kids = Roots and Wings: Giving Choices and Setting Boundaries.
- I still love all things wedding related. FAB gown sale at BHLDN thru the 10th of Jan. The Metropolis Dress would be such a gorgeous dress for a non-traditional bride. And LOVE this couplet band - simple and sweet.
- So, I did watch the season premiere of The Bachelor this past Monday. WOWser - there is going to be LOTS of drama!!!! Some Dresses from the Premiere. An employer of one of the gals - Jenna Burke - speaks out.
- Crazy that we are already thinking about Valentine's Day = some fun valentine crafts.
- FAB Bubble Necklace - love it in the turquoise. Great statement accessory.