|Pic of C and M in Fall 2008 (secrets over some Tea)|
Happy Friday! Well, FINALLY we can say that we have seen some snow in Chicago. The gals and GMC seem thrilled by the snowflakes however, I could do w/o all of it - but I cannot complain as we have had a very mild winter thus far. We dusted off the snowblower this morning - fun times.
Tonight we get to see two dear college pals that are in town for the weekend and tomorrow I get to celebrate a dear high school friend's son's first birthday. And the snow has fallen just in time for C and M's first ski lesson of the season on Sunday!
This Monday we are having C and M's combined Birthday Tea Party at our house. They will be 8 and 6 years old this month - crazy! The gals CANNOT WAIT for all of their school buddies to come over for some treats / craft time / dressing up and FUN! The lovely Mrs. Newberry (of Mrs. Newberry's Traveling Tea Party) will be here w/her vintage china, delicious tea sandwiches and sparkling lemonade. We had so much fun working on the invitations for the party. After spending some time in Paper Source I walked out w/the following items = Cup and Saucer Stamp, Embossing Heat Tool (for heat embossing w/rubber stamps), VersaMark Watermark Inkpad, and some Queen's Gold Embossing Powder (which I will say does indeed look like liquid gold after heated). I used the above items to dress up the envelopes. Umm, so I'm now a bit obsessed w/embossing. I had NO idea how easy it was to do. LOVE. I holed myself up in the basement office and was totally in the zone while working on these.
Some of my latest faves:
- The lovely BHLDN is holding a sale on top of their sale items = 40% off their already reduced items. Sale ends SUN. Cute bow-topped Bolero and pretty smoky Quartz Earrings. AND they are opening 2/14 (of course = Valentine's Day) in Chicago (their first one is in TX).
- It is a new year - new start. Time for a new calendar. Some calendars (and cards) on Etsy. I'm loving my 2012 letterpress calendar from Linda & Harriett.
- 2 for 2: Pay it Forward - great post by the wonderful blogger Kelle of Enjoying the Small Things. I saw this post on facebook and had to put it out there again.
- All week I've seen items about Michelle Obama due to the book The Obamas that is coming out. Some interesting articles = Michelle Obama and the Evolution of the First Lady, Jodi Kantor Goes Inside the Obamas' Marriage in New Book, Kantor on the First Family's Private Quarters, and More Details from Jodi Kantor's book.
- Some healthy recipes from Gwenyth Paltrow.
- I'm heading to AZ next week for some alone time with my Mom and sister (who is visiting our Mom w/her adorable little guy Graham). One of my goals during the trip is to read the Girl w/the Dragon Tattoo - as I want to read the book before watching the movie. I've heard awesome things about the main gal playing Lisbeth Salander = Rooney Mara.
- C and M still have Bieber Fever (oh, and maybe I do too!). A friend posted this on FB = Justin Bieber Wedding Dance Video. OMG, hilarious. What a fun wedding!!!! And another one of my favorite wedding dances = JK Wedding Entrance (song = Forever). The gals love watching that one.
- For my new mom friends = crib bumpers that breath.