Friday, February 10, 2012

My Latest Obsessions

Take me back = view from my Mom's front deck (good MORNING)

Anguilla = enough said!

Happy FRIDAY! WOW, I feel as though it has been awhile since my last post. When I start to feel frazzled or drained by the daily grind I think back to both of the above pics (and instantly I relax).

My last post was right before I left (alone = no kids and no PFC) to visit my Mom in Prescott, AZ. I was joking with friends that I stayed at my own private version of Canyon Ranch (and that I was the only guest). One of the ideas behind Canyon Ranch = revitilize your spirit. And honestly, that is exactly what I did. I relaxed. I ate great food. I was able to fully catch up with my mom (and sister who was there as well) minus the usual daily obligations and distractions. I slept in = PURE BLISS. Amazing how simple things (especially when you have young kids) like sleeping in becomes such a luxury. It was so nice to take some days off and just BE. Special thanks to PFC for making the trip happen and giving me some much needed mom/sister and alone time. He held down the fort at home w/the kiddos and that in and of itself was great (as it gave us both some perspective - especially for PFC as he caught a glimpse into my daily world).

And literally within days of returning from Arizona, PFC and I took off for a trip to Anguilla (w/ two other couples). We love Anguilla and got to know the island fairly well when we were there for our honeymoon a little over two years ago. LOVE LOVE LOVE. It was great to catch up w/PFC one on one and also hang w/our friends in such a gorgeous setting. And random, but I usually never wear hotel robes when on vacation (even though I love wearing my own robe at home). They always seem impersonal to me, but WOWser LOVED the robes while away = the Sferra Berkley (did a little digging and found the maker...). Honestly, the BEST ROBE EVER.

Now we are back to our daily GO GO GO. I missed the kiddos. It is interesting though when you step outside of your GO GO GO world for a bit and just BE you are able to introspectively look at your life and things w/ some perspective.

And lastly, I'll leave you w/some of my latest faves and findings:
And HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY next TUES!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails