|Take me back = view from my Mom's front deck (good MORNING)|
|Anguilla = enough said!|
Happy FRIDAY! WOW, I feel as though it has been awhile since my last post. When I start to feel frazzled or drained by the daily grind I think back to both of the above pics (and instantly I relax).
My last post was right before I left (alone = no kids and no PFC) to visit my Mom in Prescott, AZ. I was joking with friends that I stayed at my own private version of Canyon Ranch (and that I was the only guest). One of the ideas behind Canyon Ranch = revitilize your spirit. And honestly, that is exactly what I did. I relaxed. I ate great food. I was able to fully catch up with my mom (and sister who was there as well) minus the usual daily obligations and distractions. I slept in = PURE BLISS. Amazing how simple things (especially when you have young kids) like sleeping in becomes such a luxury. It was so nice to take some days off and just BE. Special thanks to PFC for making the trip happen and giving me some much needed mom/sister and alone time. He held down the fort at home w/the kiddos and that in and of itself was great (as it gave us both some perspective - especially for PFC as he caught a glimpse into my daily world).
And literally within days of returning from Arizona, PFC and I took off for a trip to Anguilla (w/ two other couples). We love Anguilla and got to know the island fairly well when we were there for our honeymoon a little over two years ago. LOVE LOVE LOVE. It was great to catch up w/PFC one on one and also hang w/our friends in such a gorgeous setting. And random, but I usually never wear hotel robes when on vacation (even though I love wearing my own robe at home). They always seem impersonal to me, but WOWser LOVED the robes while away = the Sferra Berkley (did a little digging and found the maker...). Honestly, the BEST ROBE EVER.
Now we are back to our daily GO GO GO. I missed the kiddos. It is interesting though when you step outside of your GO GO GO world for a bit and just BE you are able to introspectively look at your life and things w/ some perspective.
And lastly, I'll leave you w/some of my latest faves and findings:
- Top Ten Sites to Help Develop Your Creative Side. For me, I find that my blog posts tap into my creative side and they have become a nice reprieve from the daily grind. LOVE.
- World Happy Day = Tomorrow (2/11/12). Unfortunately, I'm unable to see the Happy Day movie tomorrow when it debuts but I DEFINITELY want to get my hands on a copy of it. Check out the trailer. Happiness is a choice.
- Some Valentine's Day ideas - GOOP (Gwenyth Paltrow) style. CUTE ideas.
- One of my dear mom buds passed along this great idea to make w/the kiddos = How to Recycle Old Crayons into New Crayons (V.Day style). We started w/step 1 yesterday = crayon wrapper peeling party! Tomorrow we'll start breaking up the crayons and putting them into our heart shaped pan. FUN stuff!
- Speaking of Valentine's Day and all things sweet, check out these yummy treats = Knock You Naked Brownies (by the lovely Pioneer Woman). I haven't made them yet but they are on MY MUST BAKE ASAP list.
- Oh, and I saw The Artist. LOVED it. I don't believe I have ever seen a silent movie before (maybe clips here and there from a Chaplin flick) but WOWser. AMAZING. And you can't go wrong in the eye candy department = Jean Dujardin (France's answer to George Clooney) and the gorgeous Bérénice Bejo (TOTAL girl crush).
- And speaking of the French = Why French Parents Are Superior (interesting article). And here is a post that has been making the rounds = 2011 Lesson #2: Don't Carpe Diem = can totally RELATE.
- And lastly, I'm signing off w/a video that makes me LAUGH so hard = LMFAO's Sexy and I Know It. ENJOY. I can honestly watch it over and over again. TOO funny.