|M, PFC, C (Daddy Daughter Valentine's Day Dance)|
Happy Friday! Lots of PINK, RED and PURPLE this week for Valentine's Day. M had her big Kindergarten Valentine's Day concert and reception on Tuesday. Their very talented and amazing music teacher does something right - as they don't miss a beat. Very cute. We are heading to Lake Geneva at the end of the long weekend for some waterpark and ski action (not exactly sure about the skiing though due to the warm weather we are having this February).
The month of February always seems to bring up the topics of love, friendship, relationships, and how we relate to one another. I appreciate the concept of social emotional learning (SEL) and emotional intelligence and believe that they are HUGELY important in life. I LOVE that both C and M have been working on topics in the classroom that have given both of them a better sense of SEL. Today Margaret and I were talking about her own "bucket" and what she puts in it. At school they read the book, "Have You Filled a Bucket Today." And all month C's class has been talking about small acts of kindness and they even started a project called "daily heart prints." It has been great to use the words "heart print" to use around the house when talking about kindness, appreciation and love.
Some of my latest faves:
- Sneak peek at Diane Von Furstenberg for Gap - debuting March 15th. Cannot wait to check it out! Looks adorable.
- These Homemade Skinny Chocolate cakes look YUMMY!
- Good looking Octagonal Earrings - to wear w/a crisp black dress = perfect.
- Wow - cutie little shoes for little gals.
- If you have a moment you MUST read this HILARIOUS post about a Mom and her son. It is like a chapter in a book about one of her kids. LOVE IT. I'm still laughing about it. This blogger is an amazing writer and I was just turned on to her a few days ago (and honestly have not stopped laughing since). You will most definitely laugh (out loud)!
- Love, Laughter and Lunch = Helen Tsanos Sheinman's book.
- Border Cards and Handkerchief envelopes. LOVE THESE.
- How appropriate for Chicago travelers = the O'Hare shopper tote.
- This Cat Eyeglasses Sweater made me laugh. I don't truly care much for cats. But something about it made me smile.