Friday, December 21, 2012

My Latest Obsessions


GMC's school picture

Firstly, my heart goes out to all of those affected by the tragedy in CT. So very sad. I know that this has hit people very hard all over the world. I myself immediately thought about the tragedy close to home (being a mom to an 8, 6, and 2 year old) and have found myself quite emotional about it. I found this article entitled, "I am Adam Lanza's Mother" very interesting. And a HS friend of mine wrote this letter to her almost 6 year old son. Beautifully and eloquently written. I think we all (parents and non-parents alike) can relate to the raw emotions attached to what happened.

I woke up this morning super excited. C + M were up early and were excited to see the snow (the little there is) outside and they were excitedly running around getting ready for their holiday performances today. And of course they had laid out their festive dresses last PM before bed. The music teacher at their school is amazing so we cannot wait to see their shows!

Tomorrow we are heading to a family Christmas party. We are bringing jalapeno shrimp (amazingly good). Sunday I have tennis w/ my crew and then the rest of the afternoon will be spent baking some cookies and putting together our Carr Christmas Cookies that we give away to friends/neighbors!

Here's to wishing everyone a Merry Christmas! Safe travels for those of you heading out of town.

XO - D2

Some of my latest faves:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails