|GMC Christmas Morning|
|M + C and a little ski lesson action|
WOW! What a week. I'm ABSOLUTELY exhausted. So tired. I don't want to look at another cookie or anything that has sugar in it! We had a wonderful Christmas. We were up at the Lake Christmas Eve and the kids enjoyed running around w/ all of their cousins. Christmas morning the kids were up early and we headed downstairs to see if Santa had come. After opening presents we enjoyed some yummy amazing cinnamon bread from one of our neighbors (we look forward to it every year)! It is sinfully delicious. We then headed to mass and on to PFC's parents house for Christmas day dinner and more fun w/ cousins.
The last few days the girls have had ski lessons. It isn't Colorado but it is nice for them to get down the basics. The above pic is hilarious - green grass surrounds the ski hill.
We are having friends over Saturday evening for a casual evening in. I'm making my old standby = Green Chile Chicken Casserole (which is always a big hit). I might try to make this Kale Salad w/ Apples, Cranberries and Pecans as well. It looks YUMMY! Salads are calling my name these days after the all the food and goodies as of late.
PFC and I are heading out for sushi New Year's Eve and then ending up at a friend's house for party. Looking forward to ringing in the New Year w/ some good friends.
Happy New Year to all!
Some of my latest faves:
- It is hard to think about food but I thought this Easy Goat Cheese Appetizer (3 ways) looked easy and oh so YUMMY!
- I did end up buying the Skaist-Taylor vest from the Neiman Marcus/Target collection last week on one of my Target runs. I wasn't too impressed w/ much in the entire collection but when everything was reduced 50% I took another look. I LOVE the vest. I have already worn it 3 times and have received many compliments. Here is how one gal has styled it. And another gal. And one last look.
- Wow. Snow Fall: The Avalanche at Tunnel Creek (via The Times) is pretty amazing (even if you aren't necessarily interested in the topic). It takes awhile to get through (maybe 12 minutes) but you'll experience some spectacular graphics and photography.
- I LOVE these DIY glitter vases. EASY. Here's a DIY Sparkly Rustic Tray. And here are some chic ideas for winter parties.
- Gwenyth on perfection. We try very hard in our house not to use the word perfect.
- My youngest sister got me this great slate cheese board for Christmas. I cannot wait to use it! Here are 7 Secrets to a Beautiful Cheese Board.
- And here is a pretty Spear Print Tray.
- Every once in awhile PFC makes big weekend breakfasts for our crew. Doesn't this star french toast look yummy!?
- Wouldn't it be fun to have a fancy grilled cheese party?! Love this idea.
- Some New Year's Eve fashion for you!
- This Skinny Frozen Hot Chocolate looks yummy! And my good friend confirmed that Smitten Kitchen's Roasted Pear and Chocolate Chunk scones are amazing. I MUST make them soon!
- I've added Les Miserables to my list of movies. It is getting rave reviews!