Friday, December 7, 2012

My Latest Obsessions

GMC enjoying a taco = what a big BOY! 
Cate at her piano recital

Happy Friday! Well it definitely feels like we are in full on holiday mode. Our Christmas tree is officially up and decorated and our lights have been put up outside. And most importantly all the holiday gatherings have begun! I truly love this time of year even though it can be quite exhausting.

This past Wednesday night I went out to dinner w/ some of my city girlfriends. We met at The Bedford (which I LOVE) and we had a secret gift exchange. And then last night I was back in the city for a friend's annual Girls Holiday Party - lots of great food and catching up! Tonight we are staying in (which I'm SO happy about). I really need to finish my book, In the Shadow of the Banyan for next week's book club.

Tomorrow morning we are having Breakfast w/ Santa. I'm anxious to see GMC's reaction to him this year. And then we are off to two holiday parties in the evening. Sunday I'm heading downtown to the Art Institute w/ C + M for a holiday tea party = FUN + FESTIVE + GIRLY!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Some of my latest faves:
  • LOVE this wrapping paper. I used some of my fave wrapping paper from Snow & Graham the other day for our gift exchange. And how cute is this Holiday Cupcake wrapping paper?! Love. And here's how to wrap presents in nothing but glitter. FUN. 
  • Over Thanksgiving one of my sister in law's brought over this beautiful cheese tray. It was perfect for serving up some yummy cheese and crackers. 
  • I came across this adorable deer mounted head hook. Wouldn't it look adorable in a little boys room?! So cute. 
  • So, I've been thinking about what cookies I'm going to make for next week's book club. Our December meeting is always a cookie exchange = tons of fun (and of course, YUMMY)! I'm for sure making these amazing Oatmeal Carmelitas (always a hit) and I'm debating on also making this Cheez it Bark. My sister sent it to me and said a colleague of hers from work has given it rave reviews. If I make it I would love to package them it as such w/ some parchment paper and twine. However, these Chocolate Chip Nutella Candy Cane Cookies look pretty good too. Decisions! 
  • LOVE this little dress from Zara. I totally wish they made one like this in my size. I would definitely buy it. 
  • At dinner on Wednesday some of the gals were discussing the book, What Remains: A Memoir of Fate, Friendship, and Love. I have added it to my list of books to read. 
  • I LOVE this DIY pom pom garland. Very clever. It would be so much fun to pick out some pretty colors of yarn. 
  • I LOVE chai lattes. I'm excited to pick up Trader Joe's Salted Caramel Tea Latte Mix. I mean, the liquid form of salted caramels = AMAZING. I'll take some of TJ's salted caramel latte in this beautiful mug and call it a night! 
  • I found this adorable coloring book for CMC at Marshall's (much cheaper!) = My Wonderful World of Fashion. Both girls love coloring and this book is super cute. 
  • How amazing are these wooden tiles? LOVE LOVE LOVE. 
  • Great hostess gift = Vosges Mini Chocolate Bar Library. Favorite bar = Barcelona Bar = Chocolate + Sea Salt + Roasted Almonds. So good! Another favorite gift of mine = Pig Cutting Board from Williams-Sonoma. I have it and use it to put cheese on. 
  • This LOVE print would look so cute in C + M's room. It matches their color scheme. Such a sweet print. 
  • Very pretty dress. It would be perfect for all those holiday parties! 
  • GMC's latest obsession = toting around MMC's Bitty Baby Doll. And he INSISTS that we must change his baby's diaper before we leave the house. So if I'm late in the near future it may be because I'm tending to the baby doll (per GMC's request!). Kind of funny! 
  • Some of you have asked me more information about PFC's cousin Julie's documentary entitled Miracle. Click here for more info. She is truly an inspiration young woman. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails