|GMC checking out some guitars w/ Daddy|
|Our Graham Cracker House|
Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had a great time up at the Lake. The kids loved running around w/ all of their cousins. LOTS of food. Speaking of food I'm kicking off the holiday season w/ a 2 day juice cleanse (from our local Juice Joint) starting Monday. Much needed! Maybe the cleanse will keep me away from all of the yummy sweets this month. I'm excited. I've never done one before. Have any of you? I'll let you know how it goes.
PFC and I had the best time celebrating our 3 year anniversary at El Ideas last Saturday. The 18 seat spot was very cool and you were literally in the kitchen. It was a very unique experience. The chef is super chill and you can tell he loves what he does.
My youngest sister was in town all of last week. She split her time between our house and our middle sister's place downtown. The kids LOVED having her stay w/ us! It was so great to spend some quality time with her and catch up. We both share of love of Law & Order: SVU - so we watched a few episodes during her stay! I miss Stabler, however, my sister does not!
The day after Thanksgiving we all got together to build our graham cracker house. We have been doing it for YEARS and YEARS. My Mom used to love doing this w/ us. She used to get SUPER detailed and even make window boxes for each of the windows. My sister Carrie (being the architect and all) designed the house and roof (via a carboard box) and the girls helped w/ the decorations.
Last night I attended an Advent Tea/Dinner. PFC's cousin was the inspirational/motivational speaker. Her speech was brilliant. She spoke about the little moments in life and the importance of friends/family and gratitude. The 400 women in the audience were in tears. She was so eloquent and poised (at age 20 mind you). I'm honored that she is in my life. I definitely left last evening's event with a lot to think about - especially as we move through the holiday season.
The kids have a lot going on this weekend. We have CMC's winter piano recital tonight and tomorrow C + M have their first ice skating lesson of the session. And then we are off to a swim meet in the afternoon. I'm hanging w/ the girls tomorrow and PFC is going to chill w/ Georgie for some one on one guy time! And then Sunday we will be getting out our Christmas decorations! FUN!
Some of my latest faves:
- Holiday parties are upon us. Here are some lovely dresses for the season! LOVE them all.
- Kate Middleton's new layered haircut = LOVE!
- I purchased GMC's holiday bow tie from Baby by Stevie. He will be channeling his daddy this Christmas season w/ his plaid shirt and bow tie! A good friend of mine passed along this site and I have been purchasing bow ties from here ever since. Speaking of bow ties - here are 4 secrets to tying a perfect bow tie.
- I'm sure many of you have seen this photo that has gone viral = NYPD officer giving boots to a barefoot homeless man. There are good people in this world. I love this story. So heartwarming.
- I first saw Ace + Jig's items via Anthropologie. Love the line. Here is an interview w/ the gals and best friends behind the line. I'm impressed at how they do it all and are doing what they love.
- I've been eyeing this dress for awhile. It is now on sale. I saw it on someone last night. She accessorized with an amazing belt. She looked comfortable yet sophisticated. I LOVE the back of it.
- Pasta w/ Butternut Sauce and Spinach = Must Try SOON!
- Every mother will appreciate this post from Joanna of A Cup of Jo. For sure. And here is an article on What Boys Need from Moms.
- How pretty are these gold owl napkins?! Love them!
- Parenthood was so great this week. I cannot wait for next TUES!!!! Ray Romano was on Ellen the other day. LOVE him. Adorable and so funny. I LOVE that Adam and Kristina landed on the list of the Top 50 love stories of the past decade. I love them together. And some Parenthood fashion from this week's episode.
- I'm OBSESSED w/ the slippers that I got all 3 kids for Christmas. And I scored on Cyber Monday w/ an additional 25% off. GMC is getting the otters, CMC the owls, and MMC the penguins. LOVE them. Wish they came in my size!
- What a pretty dress - would be perfect for all those holiday parties!
- These washi tape gift tags are so clever and cute.