|GMC waiting w/ Mommy to VOTE|
|Thought this was pretty funny!|
Happy Friday! What a week. The election is over (finally) and to be honest I'm thrilled. I was getting tired of all the political rants back and forth (hence the funny someecard above). Pretty funny. Everyone got a kick out of GMC as we were waiting in line to vote. They all loved his hat. He put it on that morning himself. Very cute. The election made me think of the election before last. I had just met PFC that spring. M was 2 and C was 4. Wild to think about it that way since GMC is now 2. It is crazy to me that GMC is the same age as C was when her angel mom passed and he is the same age that M was when I met her. That really puts things into perspective. Life. You never know what is going to happen.
Tonight we are heading out to dinner w/ some folks for dinner and then tomorrow PM we are having some of our city friends over for some chili. YUMMY. I love Cincinnati style chili which is a bit sweeter as it has hints of cinnamon and chocolate in it (and is served over noodles). We are serving honey cornbread muffins (best corn muffin recipe I've tried), Cincinnati Turkey Chili, and this super yummy apple pie with caramel (last time I made it there was not a crumb left!). And of course we are serving the pie with vanilla bean ice cream (from our local favorite Petersen's Ice Cream).
PFC/I are still looking for an evening to sneak away to see the movie Argo. Everyone that has seen it LOVES it. Have you seen it yet?
Some of my latest faves:
- I saw a little girl wearing the cutest little TOMS. I thought GMC would look adorable in these little Olive Cord Tiny TOMS. Speaking of TOMS here is a great DIY to waterproof those canvas shoes of yours.
- PFC's sister and her husband just got back from staying at my Mom/Stepdad's cabin in Montana. It made me reminisce about our amazing roadtrip out there 2 summers ago. We had a blast! Some mountain inspiration = mountain screen printed bag, mountains are calling hoop art and let's move to the mountains.
- I've been thinking a lot about the Hurricane Sandy victims out east. If I lived in NYC I would TOTALLY participate in this awesome bake sale w/ Dwell Studio + A Cup of Jo. And I stumbled upon this BRILLIANT idea on FB (from a gal I met on our honeymoon) = volunteers turn to wedding registries to help victims. And have you seen the cover of New York Magazine? OMG, it is an amazing picture of NYC taken from the air. And what an incredible story about how the photographer went about taking the pictures.
- I LOVE butternut squash. Doesn't this butternut squash lasagna look DIVINE?! I'm putting this one on my list to make this winter!
- I have yet to check out Giuliana and Bill Rancic's restaurant RPM but I LOVE following them via their show. PFC laughs at me. I find them funny and great (and fun that they live part time in Chicago). Windy City Live had Giuliana's mom (Mama DePandi) along w/ Bill and Giuliana on their show and she shared an italian favorite of hers (= Bucatini Pomodoro).
- I'm in LOVE w/ this adorable and vintage inspired coat. Love it.
- CMC loves pears. She would eat 2 at a time if we would allow her. I came across these yummy looking roasted pear and chocolate scones. She would GOBBLE them right up! I would too!
- Very cool rustic wood box shelf.
- Thanksgiving is coming up SOON. I'm already thinking about sides. Here are 12 delicious looking sides. And how cute are these Turkey Cookies? The kids would LOVE them.
- Peace, Love & Cupcakes = what more could you ask for?!
- A good friend of mine sent me this amazing DIY Owl Costume. I'm bookmarking this one for next year. Maybe MMC will go for it!
- OMG, loving the new Made In Kind items for Anthropologie. Alexandra Grecoo's stuff is gorgeous.
- Cute heartstripe sweater.
- And I'll end w/ this great quote on friendship. Isn't that the truth?!