|Our "Bat"erina and Witch|
|Our Dino and Cowboy Daddy|
My mom (JuJu) just left this morning. We are so sad. She was here over a week and we had the best time w/ her. She was supposed to fly out to NYC Wednesday evening to visit our youngest sister however, due to obvious reasons she was unable to make that trip (so she stayed w/ us a few extra days).
My mom has made a tradition of coming here for Halloween the last several years. It is crazy to think that she met PFC for the first time 4 years ago during Halloween weekend (when he asked both my stepdad and mom for their blessing). I'll always laugh remembering how he approached them - in between houses trick or treating! Cute!
We had a very fun Halloween - filled with lots of candy, costumes, trick or treating, and the parade at school. C + M were thrilled w/ their costumes this year and GMC finally got into the spirit when he saw everyone else dressed up. His favorite thing to do was to "rawr" at each door when he was Trick or Treating.
Tonight we are just relaxing. Much needed. We'll be up SUPER early to take the girls to their swim meet tomorrow. We'll be pulling out of the driveway before 6 AM (yikes = a large french vanilla coffee from Dunkin Donuts for me). And then tomorrow evening PFC/I are heading to a party at The Bedford. FUN!
Oh, and Peter/I watched Magic Mike last Friday PM. It was good - definitely not an Oscar award winner by any means but a solid flick and great eye candy for sure. Channing Tatum can MOVE IT! I mean, seriously!!!
Some of my latest faves:
- Yummy = Canyon Ranch's Pumpkin Crunch.
- Love this clutch from Pendleton's Portland Collection!
- These Parker House Rolls look amazing. I might try them for Thanksgiving. Don't they look awesome?! Speaking of Thanksgiving wouldn't it be fun to make these Oreo Turkey Pops?!
- I watch the New Girl when I get a chance to do so. I like Zooey Deschanel. She is cute, quirky and likeable. LOVED her latest love interest = hottie David Walton. Hopefully we'll see him around a few more episodes.
- I would love to take a look at the Smitten Kitchen cookbook. Love her blog.
- LOVE these fabric envelope letterpress wedding invitations. Gorgeous. Reminds me of our invitations!
- When PFC/I wake up in the morning he always says, "Time to make the donuts." And honestly I have never known where he got that saying. So, the other day he showed me the old school Dunkin Donuts ad from 1983. I get it now!
- How gorgeous are these bridal shower invitations?! So pretty.
- These glittery pine cones are so pretty. Maybe a fun project over winter break!
- I LOVE Zingerman's Legendary Sourcream Coffeecake. It is the perfect gift to send to someone after you have spent the weekend at their home. So YUMMY! You'll be sure to be invited back! JuJu used to send this coffeecake to us when my sister and I lived together in the city. We LOVED it so much that we had to hide it. And one time we found it (weeks later) hidden in the oven. Tells you how much we cooked!
- Check out this yummy Thanksgiving collection of ice cream from Jeni's. OMG, the pumpkin 5-spice sounds divine!
- Cute Owl ornament. Adorable girls owl tunic sweater.
Have a great weekend!