|Hooray - it's FRIDAY!|
Happy Friday! JuJu arrived Wednesday evening and we have been having a blast w/ her. It is always fun when she comes to visit. C + M had fun putting fake cockroaches and bugs in her bed for a little Halloween surprise! And Georgie brought her to school on Thursday and introduced her to his buddies. Very cute.
Last evening we had my mom's old design partner from Cincinnati over for dinner (along w/ her daughter). The two of them are always fun to see and visit w/. Per JuJu's request I made one of my faves = green chile chicken casserole. This casserole is always a crowd pleaser (and best part is that I can make the casserole the day before and pop it in the oven the next day). We had a salad of romaine/sunflower seeds/craisins/parmesan/avocado and caesar dressing. LOVE this salad! And for dessert I made Pioneer Women's Strawberry Sparkling Cake. It was super yummy. I ended up using a store bought angel food cake but next time I want to try and make a homemade angel food cake.
Tomorrow we are hosting my sister's little guy's 1st birthday party at our house. It should be lots of fun. He is such a cutie. Tomorrow PM we are off to a costume party - FUN! And Sunday I've got a tennis match. JuJu will stay w/ my sister and her husband downtown over the weekend and she'll be back w/ us for the beginning of next week! FUN!
Some of my latest faves:
- Adorable note of the day by a little girl entitled, "If I get a Boyfriend."
- I'm a HUGE fan of exposed brick. Lots of great walls here. My favorite is the one w/ the wall behind the oven.
- Cute tieback booties.
- Pretty necklace (in lovely fall colors)!
- I'm obsessed w/ owls. What a fun owl sweater!
- I LOVE power naps, so I loved reading this article.
- All this rain has me wanting to curl up w/ a good book (and wear these cozy pants).
- If anyone needs a last minute halloween costume here are some adorable ones. LOVE the Morton Salt Girl = so cute! If you have a little more time on your hands this Book Fairy Costume.
- I'm definitely going to make this personalized memory game for GMC for Christmas. Love it! This would make a great gift too.
- Love this reversible ikat crossbody bag. Adorable!
- Totally digging the new Mauve Metallic Linen TOMS.
- How cute are these chocolate chip cookie party invitations?! Love them. And how FAB a printable template!
- PFC and I really want to see the movie Argo. It looks great and is getting such awesome reviews. I did watch Butter and really enjoyed it. Jennifer Garner is really great in it. And you gotta love Ty Burrell who plays her husband.
- I've always been a fan of Kate Hudson. Here are some pics from her photo shoot for Anne Taylor.
- LOVE LOVE LOVE this birthday idea = Pajama Soiree. So cute.
- I used to LOVE chai lattes but now I usually get order a skim latte. However, this How To on chai tea inspired me to make some Chai soon!
- And lastly, some Parenthood fashion. Ray Romano and Lauren Graham discuss Will Sarah Leave Mark for Hank?!
Have a FABULOUS weekend!