|C + M's first swim meet of Fall/Winter season|
|Yummy apple pie (check out the little heart)|
|GMC enjoying a little airplane action|
Happy Friday! Fall is in full force. LOVING all the gorgeous leaves that are changing. Fall is so pretty. Our pumpkins are on our stoop outside (yet to be carved) and our mums are out too.
Busy weekend ahead. Tonight we are hosting a cocktail party for folks to meet our new neighbors. And tomorrow we have our niece's 1st birthday party in the city. I'm also playing a tennis match tomorrow afternoon (FUN)!
Our dinner party last Saturday was a HUGE success. The menu was FAB and all the dishes were SUPER tasty. I will replicate this meal again for sure. Menu = grilled Ribeye steaks (that we got down the street from Kinnikinnick Farm this summer), started w/ pistachio beets (FAB), mashed potatoes (cream cheese is the key ingredient), roasted brussels sprouts, and for dessert we had apple pie w/ Petersen's vanilla bean ice cream (so yummy).
Some of my latest faves:
- LOVE this glitter crown tutorial. FAB idea. Would be cute for a girls bday party.
- I really want to see the movie Butter w/ Jennifer Garner.
- I'm more of a sweets person (than salty) but when I get a craving for potato chips I want to try to make some baked kale chips.
- Here are some pretty fall flower centerpieces for your next dinner party.
- My sister's little guy Graham's 1st birthday is coming up. I think I'm going to get him this adorable crochet owl hat. How cute!
- What a gorgeous dinner party. I would have loved to have been invited to this one. LOVE it.
- I'm currently sporting Essie's midnight cami on my nails. LOVE it. Saw it first on A Cup of Jo.
- Interesting article entitled, "The Fine Line between Marriage and Divorce." Iris Krasnow wrote the book The Secret Lives of Wives.
- Some great quotes from John Lennon. John Lennon would have been 72 yrs old this month.
- Pretty ombre candy corn cake. I really want to make this!
- How COOL = magnetic wallpaper. LOVE it. The kids would love this.
- Zara Home has come to the states. Very cute kids stuff.
- I've been wearing an oldie but goody lately = a caftan dress from Rachel Polly (mine is in red). I got it years ago at a boutique in Bozeman, MT.
- Parenthood was great this week. I'm so curious how the Ray Romano and Lauren Graham relationship is going to pan out. Even Pioneer Woman is wondering what is going to happen w/ the two of them! I would like to see them together. Here is some Parenthood fashion for you.
- I definitely want to try this Chicken Pot Pie soup. Looks so yummy.
- Last night I made baked acorn squash - reminded me of growing up as my Mom used to always make it!
- I've been told that I MUST try the new legging cords from Gap. I'm in! A friend said that the vamp red are FAB.
- A friend dropped off some AMAZING chocolate chip cookies. HONESTLY one of the best chocolate chip cookies I've had. I HAD to get the recipe = Perfect Chocolate Chip recipe.