|LOVE LOVE LOVE this pic = My Favorite Boys|
Happy Friday! For some reason this week has felt really long. Maybe its all the rain and falling temps that are dragging this week on and on!
Last Sunday we surprised C + M and I took them to Tour of Gymnastics Champions at the United Center. They were SO excited to see the FAB FIVE and others. The gymnastics was one of their favorite sports to watch during the 2012 Olympics. Unfortunately, 2 of the 5 girls was not there as they were hurt but all in all it was an amazing show. Nastia Liukin (2008 Olympics) was there and she was really great to watch. The girls LOVED it.
This week I met up w/ some of my girlfriends from the city and we went to Hot Chocolate. OMG, I forgot how amazing their dessert is = YUMMY! We splurged and split the following: malted chocolate milk shake, banana ice box cake, and some yummy doughnuts. And my burger wasn't too bad either!
We've been chatting about halloween costumes all week! I saw this pinata costume on pinterest and I cannot wait to start making it. I've ordered my leotard and the crepe paper! Peter and I are heading to a big halloween bash next weekend. PFC is undecided at the moment but he may try to pull off Mitt Romney's "binders full of women" comment during the debate. We shall see. Pics to follow! C is going to be a witch (a pretty one of course) and M is going to be a "bat-rina" (a scarier ballerina). And GMC is going to be a dinosaur!
I'll be flying solo this weekend as PFC is off on a guys weekend. Wish me luck!
And lastly, we are SO excited that JuJu will be here in a few days. She will be staying w/ us for a week. Hooray!
Some of my latest faves:
- Amazing fall recipes (all look AMAZING) = Pumpkin Spiced Oatmeal, Pumpkin Doughnuts (yummy looking), Pumpkin Pear Crisps, Pancetta, White Bean and Chard Pot Pies, and Garlic Sweet Potato Mash.
- Clever idea for a kids halloween party = Mask Bar.
- Folks have been a buzz about Brad Pitt's latest Chanel no. 5 ad. Here is some history about the best selling perfume.
- LOVE this grecian-esque dress = Marchioness Dress. Gorgeous color.
- Every Christmas PFC gets me the new Linda & Harriett Letterpress calendar. I cannot wait to see the 2013 one! WOW, her new Quilt Calendar looks pretty spectacular. Some other pretty calendars.
- I'm loving this Lace + Leather dress from Zara. It would be perfect for all those holiday parties! Here is a cute Sequinned Heart Dress from their kids line. C + M would love it!
- Homemade Butterfinger, Snickers + Kit Kat Bars = divine looking!
- I LOVE fresh flowers but wouldn't it be nice to have a bouquet that you don't have to throw away = Paper Bouquet.
- A chevron party = WHY NOT!
- Pretty vintage inspired dress (by Princess Catherine's favorite designer).
- Cute Peplum Pink Dress.
- A Starbucks OOPS!
- Great tote. Love the pink stripe! Cute cross body bag.
- Some cute DIY matchbook notebooks. Love these.
- I saw these awesome little apple pie-lets on the Food Network. They look so yummy (and easy)!