|A little photobooth action w/ GMC, MMC, and their cousin Graham|
Happy Friday! And Happy Spring. The first day of spring was yesterday and of course we had snow flurries in the morning. However, slowly but surely we are thawing out and luckily it has been really sunny lately. The sun makes all the difference!
The kids are officially on Spring Break starting today. We are having a staycation of sorts. I put together the calendar for the week and showed the kids last evening. Today we are going out to lunch and then The Lego Movie. Some items on our agenda next week = bowling at Pinstripes, lunch at American Girl, overnight stay downtown, and a museum. It will be quiet around town and it will be nice to just chill without the usual hustle bustle of homework, school and activities!
Have a fabulous weekend! And for those of you heading out of town for Spring Break have a blast. And PLEASE bring back some warm weather!
XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- Singer Lorde was spotted in River Forest and Oak Park this past week! Fun! She had a concert at Aragon Ballroom this week.
- Maybe I'll try this Orange Chicken (makeover) this week!
- How cool do these dyed eggs look (volcano egg dyeing)?! We might have to try these for Easter.
- Jonathan Adler did a collaboration w/ TOMS. Very fun! Favorite = these geometric sandals!
- I ran into someone at a party that was carrying this adorable little pursecase. Perfect for someone looking to carry their ID, cash, credit cards and their cell in a little case. The duo behind the pursecase were on Shark Tank!
- I didn't get a chance to watch last evening's episode of Parenthood. I'm excited to catch up! I heard it was a tearjerker. Here are 34 reasons why Amber and Drew are the best sibs ever.
- Great article = Can we bring the Holidays down a notch?! I totally agree!
- Loving these great spring/summer shoes = low wedges (love the metallic ones) and these Sawyer Sandals. And I love these silver D'Orsays.
- I'm a big fan of washi tape. So many options of how to use it!
- The hours of 4 - 8 pm are always nuts around our house. Here's how to get a rockin' dinner on the table in 20 minutes!
- I LOVE this latticework skirt. I see this paired many different ways!
- I did check out the limited edition Oh Joy! Garden Party items at Target. Super cute and pretty color palette.
- Check out this cool new home inside a 150 year old building in Brooklyn. Very cool!
- Here's a video of Georgie, our joke telling fireman! We still don't know where he heard the joke!