|GMC loving Eataly w/ 2 adorable little gals (my cousin's daughters)|
|Cheese bigger than GMC at Eataly|
|This was a little Happy Birthday shout out to my middle sister yesterday!|
And who knew that it was National Siblings Day?!
Happy Friday! And a gorgeous one to boot! OMG, might spring actually be here?! I think so. Last weekend was the first weekend in FOREVER that the kids played outside ALL day long. We found GMC passed out on the couch around 5 pm on Sunday. It was super refreshing to see them running around, riding their bikes and just enjoying the fresh air. It's been a REALLY long winter and I'm ready to say goodbye for good. I officially moved my big puffy winter coat to the basement (but note that I haven't packed it away in the attic - just in case). Good ole Chicago, you never know as it might be snowing on Easter.
My dad (Big George) and his friend B arrived in town yesterday afternoon. We haven't seen them in awhile and have been looking forward to their visit. Later today lil George and I are heading downtown with Big George and B to have lunch at the new 7th Inning Stretch (Harry Caray restaurant) and then we'll check out the Chicago Sports Museum. Both just opened up a week or so ago. Big George is a HUGE sports nut so he'll love it! Saturday evening we're getting together w/ my sister Stephie and her husband along w/ Big G and B and heading to Folklore for dinner. Fun! I haven't been to Folklore in ages!
Some of my latest faves:
- Over our staycation a few weeks ago I took the girls to American Girl for lunch. We had a blast! I picked up a copy of the book, The Care & Keeping of You, and gave it to our oldest daughter. It is an excellent book that discusses their changing bodies. Speaking of changing bodies, a friend in the same boat (10 year old daughters!) passed along this great new company, Yellowberry (wholesome and age appropriate bras for girls ages 11-15). Love this! And speaking of tweens I've been introduced to this great innovative friendship bracelet company which supports inclusion. Check out the Chummies Friendship Bracelet campaign. What a fabulous idea!
- Some new dips I'm excited to try = Feta and Lemon Dip and Bruschetta and Lentil Dip.
- I LOVE these metallic loafers! Comfy and cute!
- Are you looking to book a flight soon? Check out these great tips!
- Summer is upon us! 31 DIY Ways to Make your Backyard AWESOME this summer.
- We were with some friends last Friday evening. GMC went absolutely NUTS over their son's super hero cape. George was pretty funny as he said that his birthday was a LONG LONG LONG way away. Hmmm, maybe the Easter bunny will bring him his own cape! I fully support Georgie coming up w/ his own adventures. Love it. This etsy seller has lots of great items to chose from.
- Lately for lunch I've been making eggs (usually eggs over easy). And I'm a big fan of breakfast for dinner! Don't these white cheddar and dijon baked eggs look super yummy?!
- Some cute bunny gifts = tshirt applique (think mini-boden-esque) and vanilla glazed sugar cookies.
- GMC and I hit up Eataly last week for lunch. Great menu at La Pizza & La Pasta. We had a blast. I loved walking up and down the aisles of pasta. The place is simply awesome. Speaking of pasta, here are 10 pasta recipes you should know.
- I'm totally digging this Tonnelle dress in black. Love the texture and the zipper down the front. LOVE!
- Spring flowers and lemony cake = what more could you ask for?! What gorgeous floral arrangements and I wish I could have been a guest just to try the cake!
- How cute are these garden buzz dessert plates?
- Okay, so I just received my beautiful letterpress card kit (for free!) from Egg Press for their Write On campaign. Do it!
- And lastly, a little shout out to Grandpa T as he was nominated for Man of the Year in Prescott! Wahoo!