|GMC + MMC chilling w/ the Easter Bunny|
|GMC channeling his daddy = bowtie time + hairdo!|
|Georgie + Daddy|
Happy Friday! Spring time is in full effect = softball for the girls, MMC's upcoming 1st Communion, C + M's upcoming piano recital, Mother's Day weekend, and the end of the school year mad scramble of activities and events. And we are SUPER excited for JuJu and Grandpa T's visit in a few weeks over MMC's Communion weekend! As CMC's 4th grade year comes to an end, I cannot believe our oldest daughter is off to the Middle School next year! Exciting for sure. Next year we'll have kids at 3 different schools. Oh, and I'm heading to Vegas next weekend to spend some quality time w/ my best girlfriends from good ole DU. I cannot wait to see all of my best gal pals! Wahoo! The countdown is on!
We've got a fun and jam packed weekend ahead. Heading to Skrine Chops tonight for an event for CMC + MMC's school. I'm already craving Skrine's yummy food! We've got some softball games (not to be confused w/ baseball - per C + M) tomorrow and then in the evening we're heading out to meet up w/ some of our dear city friends (including my sister and her husband) for dinner at Bread & Wine Restaurant. None of us have been to this restaurant before so we're all looking forward to checking it out and most importantly catching up w/ one another!
Cheers to a fabulous weekend ahead. Hope we are graced with some amazing sunny and warm weather. If anything, I'll take sunny!
XO - D2
Some of my latest faves...
- Yes, it is indeed spring. But I'm still COLD. That is par for the course when one lives in Chicago, right?! So, I've been wearing this cute multi-color bora scarf and it has been perfect for this type of weather (when you don't want to dig out your true winter scarf). My youngest sister gave it to me for Christmas. Perfect little gift. I also like the dark gray colored one too!
- Okay, so I'm off to Vegas (um, first time EVER mind you!) the weekend after next. I've honestly never had much of an interest in Vegas. We shall see! I love that I've taken a step back and have NOTHING to do w/ the planning. I'm leaving it to my friends who are more well seasoned when it comes to Vegas! Some items on our itinerary = dinner res at Society Cafe at the Wynn one evening and we'll check out David Guetta afterwards. We're hitting up the Venetian's Tao Pool Party w/ a cabana, etc. We have tix to see the Absinthe show late one evening. And then on Cinco de Mayo we'll be celebrating at El Segundo Sol. Fun agenda, right?! I'm expecting some amazing people watching throughout, while catching up w/ some of my best buds! Perfect combo!
- GMC has added capes to his growing lists of faves. A few weeks ago we were w/ some friends and Georgie made a beeline for his buddy's personalized super hero cape. I thought it would make the PERFECT addition to GMC's easter basket. Now it comes everywhere w/ us (along with his transformers of course!). This awesome gal on Etsy makes and sells so many variations of personalized capes. Adorable! She is currently on vacation so you can't see her entire listing at the moment. Stay tuned! I highly recommend her Etsy store.
- My sister in law made this amazing egg casserole for Easter Brunch = Lazy Chiles Rellenos. I'm making it soon! It was SO good. Everyone loved it. And it is from one of my fave gals = Pioneer Woman. The kids actually love watching her cooking shows on The Food Network.
- Check out the fun Garance Dore collection for Rifle Paper Co. LOVE it! Check out a day in the life of Anna Bond of Rifle Paper Co. What a cool gal! This botanical coaster set makes the best little hostess gift. Cute and a perfect hostess gift price point.
- I've referred to this great list of books before = 14 books to help ease children through transitions. One of my favorites = The Kissing Hand.
- I'm totally saving this awesome DIY tutorial for making a modern personalized stationery set. This would make an AWESOME gift. Personal, thoughtful, and useful = a fabulous gift!
- PFC and I along w/ a few others are seeing Patton Oswalt in a few weeks at The Chicago Theatre = FUN! He is hilarious.
- Around this time last year I visited my youngest sister and dear college friend in NYC/Brooklyn. We had a BLAST! I still dream about the Double Decker Broccoli Tacos we had down the street from Carrie's place. YUMMY!