|Apple Picking at Jonamac Orchard|
Happy Friday! Peter and I are off to Vegas shortly (super early AM flight) for a wedding. We're pumped to get a few days away in warm weather = the perfect way to regroup. My mom and stepdad flew in to watch the kiddos. The kids are excited to hang w/ JuJu and Grandpa T. There were talks about ice cream trips to Peterson's!
Good luck to all of you who are running in the Chicago Marathon on Sunday! I know some folks running and I'm anxious to hear how they'll do. Fingers crossed for perfect running weather. Nuts to think that almost 10 years ago I ran the Chicago Marathon (and I haven't run a day since then!).
Cheers to a great long weekend ahead!
XO - d2
Some of my latest faves:
- PFC and I are having dinner just the two of us tonight in Vegas. We debated for awhile where to make reservations. We finally settled on Mesa Grill. We debated on the following ones = Scarpetta, Carne Vino, Estiatario Milos, We arrive SUPER early this morning and are going to head to Bouchon for breakfast! All this Vegas talk reminds me of my girls trip to Vegas this past spring w/ my college gals.
- I've been on a reading frenzy lately. I've finished the following books over the last few weeks: Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, The Vacationers by Emma Straub, and The One and Only by Emily Griffin. I picked up a few more books yesterday at the library = Bel Canto by Ann Patchett, The Heiress by Sara Shepard, American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld and Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline.
- Did anyone watch the premiere of Homeland last Sunday?! Interesting!
- After Sunday's day of apple picking we came home with LOTS of apples. We made this yummy caramel apple pie = insanely delicious (especially w/ some vanilla bean ice cream). And a few days ago I made some homemade applesauce = a first. We all LOVED it. And doesn't this chai-spiced slow cooker applesauce look yummy?!
- So, we tried the following new recipes for dinner t= baked broccoli mac and cheese and Rachel's Special Lasagna. I want to try this baked ravioli dish. I think the kids would love it!
- I heard Carrie Goldman speak the other day at Margaret's school. She was fabulous. Here is the post that kicked off her career on bullying.
- PFC and I need to come up w/ some costumes for a halloween party in the coming weeks. Any suggestions?! Last year we went as Johnny and Baby from Dirty Dancing. How cute is this butterfly?
- How awesome do these sesame salt pretzels look?! Yum! Or this pie = sinful.
- PFC and I saw Gone Girl this past weekend. It was awesome! I typically don't like seeing movies of books I have read (as usually the book is much better). Gone Girl was excellent. Very well cast. Til death do us part.
- An interesting article on homework. And getting your kids to eat (or at least try everything).
- Lessons from Farmers = blurb about Kinnikinnick Farm.
- Love this tote. It would look great monogrammed. Loving this poncho!
- Interesting article = Being a Stay at Home Parent is a Luxury...for your Spouse. Interesting perspective (and one that I think about for sure). I've always thought of it that way.