|The kiddos on Christmas|
|It's a Wonderful Life at the Music Box Theatre|
|A Holidate = Christmas Plaid explosion!|
Happy Friday! And Happy New Year! The holidays are behind us and 2015 has been off to a COLD start. It's been freezing here all week in Chicago. The kids were off of school one day for the temps alone. It is tough not to be daydreaming of warmer temps, sunshine, and summer.
Tonight we are laying low and staying warm. Maybe some hot chocolate and a movie tonight. Tomorrow night PFC/I are heading to Topolobambo for dinner. Rick Bayless' restaurant has been on my list for a long time! I do want to see the movie Unbroken at some point. I've heard that it is pretty intense. And PFC and I are looking forward to our annual weekend trip to Milwaukee next weekend. It's always a perfect little getaway.
Stay warm. And enjoy the weekend! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- AMAZING collaboration come spring = Lily Pulitzer and Target. SOOOO excited for this one. Can't wait until April 19th!
- I made this
- Okay, I've gotta say that I'm totally digging Australia's flat white coffee. Yum! Starbucks revealed it's latest drink at the beginning of this week. Even Serena Williams needs a coffee break! Love it.
- Hilarious = Jimmy Fallon + Nicole Kidman. Love it!
- Both C + M have birthdays this month. After we made GMC a homemade cake for his 4th birthday the girls said they wanted one for their upcoming birthdays. So, MMC has requested a white cake and CMC has requested a yellow cake w/ chocolate frosting. I found this Cook's Illustrated White Layer cake for M and I'm thinking of trying this Best Birthday Cake for C. Anyone have any tried and true favorites?
- This New Year's Eve we had a quiet night at home w/ the kids. It was nice to chill after the holidays. I should have worn this cute sweatshirt w/ my yoga pants!
- Entertaining slows down after the holidays. But it's always good to know what 5 items to keep on hand.
- I adore my college friends. Need I say more = 19 reasons your college friends will be your friends for life.
- Cute DIY valentine's day cards.
- Our kids love orange juice in the mornings. From here on out I'm only picking up OJ from Trader Joe's = What's Really in the Orange Juice you Feed your Kids.
- In January I start to put together a mental list of things I want to focus on throughout the year or little resolutions. A few of mine this year = drink warm lemon water every morning (been doing this so far = love it) and continue on my no more diet coke kick. I haven't missed it. However, I will say that I LOVE a diet coke from McDonald's every once in awhile!
- Another great collaboration = West Elm and Kate Spade Saturday.
- I finished Rachel Simon's The Story of Beautiful Girl. Loved it! I need a new book to start. Any recommendations?
- So, PFC and I started Breaking Bad from season 1. Wowser - what a great show! The Wire is also on our list.
- I LOVE Paperless Post. It was interesting to read about the sibling team behind it.
- And we loved seeing It's a Wonderful Life at the Music Box Theatre before Christmas. I think we are going to make it our holiday tradition.
- Love all of Emma Stone's dress choices.
- Fun = Ball came out w/ a new limited edition hue for their jars = purple!
- Here's an easy DIY framed art piece. I would use one of these cute wallpapers - here or here (and just order a sample). And check out these wallpapered stair risers. FUN!