Happy Friday! I'm so excited. Peter and I are taking off tomorrow for our annual weekend getaway to Milwaukee. Every winter after the holidays we head to Milwaukee for a weekend in January or February. It's become our little tradition (a few posts from years past = 2014, 2013, 2010). It is the perfect drive from Chicago (under 2 hours) and we always feel as though we are "away." PFC went to Marquette so he has always appreciated Milwaukee and I now love the town. Our only itinerary all weekend includes reservations for dinner and brunch. We love just chilling at our favorite hotel = Iron Horse Hotel. We're adding two new restaurants to try this year = All Purpose (dinner) and Fire Engine No. 3 (brunch). We've also talked about hitting up the Oriental Theatre and catching the movie Birdman.
Happy Weekend! XO - d2
Some of my latest faves...
- I LOVE this = the dog that has been riding the bus in Seattle. Too cute!
- Cool metallic textured pillow from Target's Nate Berkus line.
- CMC turns 11 on Tuesday. Hard to believe. She has requested homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner. I've been searching around for a yummy and easy recipe. Pioneer Woman's recipe caught my eye. Barefoot Contessa's recipe looks good too. Anyone have one that is a winner?
- I made this turkey meatball spinach tortellini soup last week for the crew. They gave it a thumbs up.
- A college friend opened up an Etsy store selling hand painted signs on reclaimed wood. Some really cute stuff!
- How cool would it be if Adam Levine crashed your wedding?! Check this out. Pretty awesome! C + M loved this video.
- Oscar nominations = here. I have some catching up to do. I haven't seen any of the films listed for best picture.
- Interesting = Gillian Flynn says there could be a sequel to Gone Girl.
- Super fun = you can now follow Kate and William (and baby George) on Instagram!
- This quinoa egg bake looks great! And this mushroom marsala pasta bake looks awesome! This spicy roasted broccolini quinoa salad is SUPER tasty. PFC loved it too.
- I started reading Cheryl Strand's book, Tiny Beautiful Things. Really good so far and it is based on the Dear Sugar column.
- Instead of wallpaper it would be fun to try this fabric wall treatment.
- Okay, I cannot believe there are only 2 more episodes left of Parenthood. I've been watching this show from season 1. Each episode makes me cry and laugh. Here's Lauren Graham chatting about her experience on Parenthood. My favorite character = Zeek! Love him.