|We LOVE our old school Milwaukee joint = 5 O'Clock Steakhouse. A total throwback!|
|Our yummy dessert from Wolf Peach in Milwaukee =|
Purple Door Sea Salt Caramel Ice Cream w/ warm chocolate polenta = FABULOUS!
Happy Friday! It was so nice to get away last weekend w/ PFC. We always look forward to our annual weekend get away to Milwaukee. It has become such a fun tradition. It wasn't warm but it was super nice to get some one on one time and be schedule free for a weekend. Nice change of pace! And the kids had a blast with their cousins.
Tomorrow morning GMC has his first ice skating lesson. CMC is so excited for GMC that she is tagging along w/ us to be his cheerleader. Very cute! PFC and I are getting dressed up for a fundraiser tomorrow pm. Fun! And I'm looking forward to the Oscars Sunday night! Have you seen all of the nominated movies? We squeezed in another one this past weekend = Dallas Buyers Club. Loved it. Matthew McConaughey was excellent!
Have a fabulous weekend! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves...
- I watched the season premiere of The Bachelor with Juan Pablo but just couldn't get into it. Looks like this one was filled w/ lots of drama! Some of the bachelor outfits from the Fantasy Suite!
- Here's an interesting take on egg salad = avocado egg salad.
- A little quiz that tells you your Style Icon. I got Audrey Hepburn!
- Need to send a little Thank You to someone? Here are some great thank you cards. Love this one by Rifle Paper Co. So pretty!
- Pretty amazing article about the oldest known Holocaust survivor.
- I would have loved to have been a guest at this chill California wedding! Check out their Save the Date and Invitation. So cute!
- It is still FREEZING here in Chicago. I'm dreaming of warmer temps. 30 places to have the perfect beach vacation. I'll take any of them!
- Peanut Cocoa Butter = heavenly!
- I've always loved paper. I LOVED this little post about a 4 year old and her mom making paper dresses!
- I thought these steps were great parenting reminders.
- Here are some great tips for a fabulous cheese plate.
- I'm dreaming of warmer temps and cheerful colors = cute sunpass dress, awesome maxi dress, fun little mini dress.
- For those of you who have read Sheryl Sandberg's book 'Lean In' you might appreciate this article, Recline!
- Check out the list of 19 charming places to see before you die.
- We've added two new fun spots to our Milwaukee list = Wolf Peach (had a yummy dinner there) and Cafe Corazon (super yummy brunch). And we always hit up the Five O'Clock Steakhouse for a dinner one night. It is so old school - love it!
- Need some funky new kicks? Try these!
- Triple Chocolate (crockpot) custard = YUMMY!
- These DIY wooden polaroid pics would make a super cute gift set for someone.