|Last Friday's Daddy Daughter Valentine's Day Dance (GMC snuck in the pic!)|
|Miss Margaret and Miss Cate waiting for Daddy to get home to take them to the Dance!|
|CMC and PFC|
Happy Friday! And Happy Valentine's Day! Let's just say that MMC has had her Valentine's Day outfit planned for an entire week. Pretty cute. The girls worked on their cards for their classmates last weekend. It might be one of the first times we weren't scrambling the night before! They seem to be taking after me in their love of stationery and creative cards. Love it!
Tonight we are heading out to dinner as a family for a little Valentine's Day celebration. And tomorrow morning we are driving up to Galena for the long weekend - a little skiing action. Fun! I'm sure we'll be taking in some more of the winter olympics too. It has been so much fun to watch.
Wishing all of you a lovely weekend and fabulous Valentine's Day!
Some of my latest faves...
- How awesome do these homemade Kit Kat Bars look?! Or wow, check out this yummy looking chocolate peanut butter cheesecake. Yum!
- Cute dotted d'Orsay flats. Spring is coming. Slowly but surely. Hopefully soon!
- I was daydreaming the other day about warmer weather. My daydreaming took me back to a trip PFC and I took a few years ago to celebrate a dear college friend's wedding. We had a blast celebrating in Playa Del Carmen for several days. One of my favorite side trips was a stop in Tulum. I still have dreams about our lovely italian meal at Posada Margherita Restaurant.
- I love letterpress. I have my favorite companies that I love such as Snow & Graham and Egg Press. We used letterpress for our wedding invitations. The super lovely and creative gals at Bird & Banner designed our invitations. This past week I had the opportunity to tour Rohner Letterpress and meet Bruno Rohner. It was really interesting to see the printing side of things.
- Let's Keep it Real about Our Bodies = an amazing post. A must read.
- I love this simple yet elegant Valentine's Day table setting. Um, and the menu doesn't look too bad either!
- We've been watching the winter olympics every night and marveling at the amazing athletes that are representing our country. Thank you, Shaun White, for not medaling in the Olympics. And Gold Medal skier Alex Bilodeau on his special needs brother is such a heartwarming story.
- Easy kid friendly recipe = Crock Pot Italian Sloppy Joe. Another easy one that the kids loved = Embarrassingly Easy Crock Pot Salsa Chicken Thighs. I used chicken breasts and just reduced the time.
- Such an interesting topic (and timely = Valentine's Day) = How often do you say "I love you" to your loved ones? I say it all the time to the kids and PFC. Everyone and everyone's family has different norms. Very interesting.