|GMC chilling w/ some paints|
Happy Friday! Both CMC and MMC have their highly anticipated Daddy Daughter Valentine's Day Dance tonight. They are beyond excited! I'm sure that they will make sure that PFC is wearing a bow tie = their fave. The gals have been going to this V.Day Dance for several years now. It is one of their favorite events. And then tomorrow pm PFC and I have a dinner and cocktail party.
I've noticed that the sun is staying out a bit longer which means spring is just a little bit closer. Hooray! Even though it is still FREEZING outside the sun has been making more of an appearance lately. This weather is a little more tolerable when the sun is out.
Enjoy the weekend! Stay warm. XO - D2
Some of my latest faves...
- I totally adore Jimmy Fallon. Who doesn't?! I loved his little ditty w/ Carly Rae and the Roots. Speaking of Carla Rae's Call Me Maybe here is our little ditty of Call Me RFTC from 2 summers ago - so fun! Oh PFC! I'm super pumped to see Mr. Fallon take over The Tonight Show. He is bringing back The Tonight Show's NYC roots. Check out his audition for SNL back in the day. Pretty great.
- Super sad about Phillip Seymour Hoffman. What a brilliant actor. Loved him in Scent of a Woman and Capote. A note about Mr. Hoffman. Here are some of his Mr. Hoffman's most memorable scenes.
- The Super Bowl was a bit of a bust. I love watching the commercials anyhow. Here are 10 best social media moments of the SB. GMC's fave SB commercial = Budweiser's "Puppy Love." He wanted to watch it over and over. Very cute ad. And the song, Let Her Go, was such a perfect song for the commercial.
- 7 habits of highly stylish people.
- Thankfully all of our kids are fairly allergy free (especially when it comes to foods). However, everyone should be familiar w/ what it's like to be an allergy parent.
- The start of spring seems like FOREVER from now. Nice to think about spring though. Some spring like shoes. And I love these pointy shoes and these gold flats.
- My mom JuJu hosts a pizza potluck of sorts after the holidays. It has always been a fun party. Check out these fun recipes for a Pizza Potluck Party!
- Valentine's Day is next Friday. Some fun Valentine's Day gifts = heart cookie cutters, heart pasta, chocolate covered potato chips, bow embellished sweatshirt, and this you're my cup of tea.
- Hilarious school closing message.
- 15 things that emotionally strong people don't do.
- I love washi tape. Check out these DIY Wedding Save the Dates using washi tape. Creative and super pretty.
- This weekend is Valentine's Day card making weekend. CMC is making these cute folding envelope hearts for her friends at school and GMC is making these love bug cards. MMC is still deciding! These fabric hearts are cute!
- This lemon spiced pear tea looks tasty.