|Happy 8th Birthday, Margaret!|
Here's to hoping everyone has a fantastic weekend! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- Our community lost a dear friend/mom/daughter/wife this week. Everyone has been grieving. She left behind a devoted husband and 3 young kids. Her story has hit home with many. She was an inspiration for all as she gracefully and courageously fought a long battle with cancer. She did so with an infectious smile. Unfortunately, her time was up. There was a beautiful picturesque sunrise the morning after she passed. I believe she was somehow a part of that. Here is a beautiful essay from the New York Times entitled, How Long Do I have Left (via A Cup of Jo). Another great piece on the art of presence.
- I love miso soup. I always order it when I'm at a restaurant getting sushi. I've never thought about making it myself until I saw this post. I think I might test it out!
- A little history behind the selfie.
- I love ranunculus. They are such pretty flowers. Here is a beautiful valentine's day bouquet.
- I wear flats all the time. I have a favorite pair of gold ones that I'm hopeful will never wear out! They go w/ everything. Yes, I have been known to wear flats (w/o socks!) in the winter. Here are some fun flats.
- How cozy are these bedrooms?!
- The kids were off of school on Monday and Tuesday due to sub zero temps. We made this sinfully delicious Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake on Monday. It paired well with vanilla bean ice cream. YUMMY! But oh my gosh, you MUST check out what the Trokhan family did to pass the time during the latest cold spell. They made an igloo! What an amazingly creative and awesome idea! The kids kept watching the video over and over again.
- My favorite ice cream ever = Graeter's (black raspberry chip). They have come out w/ some less indulgent choices = HOORAY!
- These salsa verde burgers would be perfect for Super Bowl Sunday!
- Hilarious = Full House guys reunite on Jimmy Fallon.
- I didn't grow up being surrounded by my cousins. We saw them a couple times a year. I'm so happy that the girls and GMC get to see their cousins on a more regular basis. 15 reasons cousins make the best friends.
- This black quinoa chopped salad looks super yummy.
- 52 brilliant ideas for organizing your house. LOVE the vintage suitcase coffee table.
- I bought my first pair of ankle boots. Finally! My two sisters rock them all the time. My youngest sister has a love affair w/ Rachel Comey's ankle boots. 10 ankle boot outfits for work and play.