(pic from Alma Veliky)
We've got a busy weekend ahead. I'm taking the girls to a swim meet tomorrow and PFC will hang w/ GMC. I bet an estate sale is on their agenda! And then tomorrow night we're heading to Chicago q for a big dinner w/ all of the adults on angel mom's side of the family. I'm already dreaming about q's mac and cheese! However, I've gotta admit that Trader Joe's frozen mac and cheese (cheddar, swiss, havarti, gouda) is pretty yummy! I always sneak a little bite when I give it to the kids. And Sunday we're heading downtown for a little more family action with the kids and their cousins.
Have a great weekend! Stay warm. XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- Monday is National Chocolate Cake Day. 5 ways to celebrate! This one bowl chocolate cake looks divine. YUMMY! Or what about this warm chocolate pudding cake?! Maybe I'll surprise the kids w/ a chocolate cake come Monday. That would be a super fun treat to start off our week.
- Hunters Alley = vintage home lovers dream come true. Very cool!
- The kids loved the movie Frozen. They saw it over Thanksgiving break w/ Grandpa T. 7 Moments That Made 'Frozen' the Most Progressive Movie Ever.
- Every January I say that I'm going to start taking vitamins. Here is a vitamin and supplement cheat sheet.
- Are you getting excited for the Winter Olympics? I love watching the ice skating. How cool that 3 sisters were chosen for the Canadian Olympic Skiing Team. Pretty amazing. Their parents must be thrilled and super proud.
- 7 Crippling Parenting Behaviors that Keep Children from Growing Into Leaders.
- How cute is this skater coat w/ peter pan collar?! Love it.
- I've added this Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili to my dinner list for next week.
- WOWSER = another great episode of Parenthood last pm! 12 reasons why "Parenthood" is the realest show on TV.
- This lemony kale salad is on my list to try. Does anyone have a fave kale salad they want to share?
- I love these Wax Lip Valentines. The girls didn't seem to love them as much as I do!
- The Super Bowl is coming up soon. A panini bar is such a great idea!
- 16 signs you're a little (or a lot) Type A. Guilty! And how birth order affects your personality.
- I've done this romantic side braid quite a bit. Love it.
- Teddy Loafer = super cute. And an additional 40% off w/ code BIGDEAL. These would go w/ everything.
- I love Jenna Lyons. How to Be Powerful, Likable, and Female: Learn from Jenna Lyons. Her direct reports seem to totally dig her as a boss too. Here are some pics of her fabulous Brooklyn Townhouse (that has sold). What a gorgeous kitchen. And I love the herringbone wood floors in the master bathroom.
- Okay, w/ all this cold weather I started to look for homes via VRBO to rent in Santa Barbara for next Thanksgiving. We're heading there to hang w/ my sisters, stepsisters and my mom JuJu and Grandpa T. I think we are going to tack on a few days of Disneyland before Thanksgiving. I know tons of folks that have hit up Disneyworld. But any suggestions on Disneyland? I know they just opened up Cars Land.