|The 3 Amigos - Fall 2013 (GMC - age 3, CMC - age 9, MMC - age 7)|
(photo taken by Alma Veliky of Alma Veliky Photography)
Happy Friday! What a COLD week it has been. Our winter break was extended by two days due to the Polar Vortex that many of us experienced across the country. Here are some frozen pics of Chicago. It was insanely cold out on Monday and Tuesday of this week. Let's just say that come Wednesday the kids (and I) were very excited to be heading to school. You can only stay indoors for so long.
All the girls in our household have birthdays in January. It is the month of blowing out candles, parties, celebrating and cake eating. I kicked off the January birthdays this past Wednesday (along w/ Elvis). It was a low key day. I met a few friends at The Juice Joint for a juice (as I started a 3-day juice cleanse the day before) and then that evening CMC had her musical performance (High School Musical Jr.). It was very cute! This weekend PFC and I are going to celebrate w/ a date night of sushi and a movie. We are going to see American Hustle. Super excited. The cast is amazing! And then Sunday CMC has a little birthday gathering w/ her cousins. More cake and candles!
Have a fabulous weekend. Stay warm! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- I tried two new recipes on the kiddos this week. They both received rave reviews. Last night we had this Cheeseburger Casserole and earlier in the week we had Chicken Pot Pie Soup. The soup hit the spot when we were experiencing below zero temps!
- I have not watched the Bachelor or Bachelorette since the days of Trista and Ryan Sutter. However, I did watch the season opener w/ bachelor Juan Pablo. This is the 18th season - wow! People seem to be nuts over him. A little recap on The Bachelor. So far my favorite girl = Andi, a prosecutor from Atlanta. It will be interesting to see how the season pans out. Looks like there will be lots of drama! And here is some bachelor fashion for you.
- I've always wondered why fountain Diet Coke tastes better from McDonalds.
- Good ole Denison University was ranked one of the top 10 most wired colleges. Granted when I was there no one really even carried cell phones!
- For those trying to work on New Year's resolutions = How Long Does it Take to Form a New Habit.
- I booked our annual February weekend in Milwaukee (last year's trip here). So excited! We've been doing this for years now and always find that it is a nice little break after the holiday madness. I have two reservations booked for dinner Saturday PM = Ardent and c.1880. Check out this fabulous review of Ardent that just came out. Anyone have any other recommendations for dinner? Friday night we always hit up Five O'Clock Steakhouse (totally old school!).
- Another great ad from P&G (Thank You, Mom) for the Olympics 2014 in Sochi.
- 20 great calendars for 2014. I love my calendar from Linda & Harriett. I've been getting one for Christmas from PFC for years.
- A little more insight in to the movie, Gone Girl, w/ Ben Affleck.
- I didn't watch Parenthood last night. Saving it for tonight! I heard it was VERY VERY GOOD! Cannot wait to hang w/ my other family = the Braverman clan! So curious about the Julia/Joel storyline and how that will pan out.
- Anyone watching the Golden Globes on Sunday? Here is the complete list of nominees.
- GMC just received the most amazing book for Christmas from some dear friends = Out of Sight. The book is AWESOME. It would make a great gift for a little one. Let's just say that we're all learning really neat facts about various animals. GMC LOVES it! Did you know that marmots can whistle?