Friday, January 17, 2014

My Latest Obsessions


CMC's bday gathering w/ some of her cousins

Happy Friday! I cannot believe that it is the 17th of January. This month is flying by. CMC turns double digits on Monday (the big 10!). Nuts. Last Sunday we did a little baking action with some of her cousins on PFC's side of the family. And then MMC follows up with a birthday the last day of January. MMC will be 8. We have 3 Capricorns living under one roof (myself included)!

Earlier in the week I saw the movie August: Osage County. I thought it was very good. Talk about family dysfunction! The Weston family would give anyone's dysfunctional family a run for its money. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts were fantastic. I love Meryl Streep. She is such an amazing actress. And last weekend PFC and I saw American Hustle and loved it. Amy Adams was fantastic and I loved seeing all of the different clothing of that time. American Hustle definitely won its fair share of awards this past Sunday at the Golden Globes.

Last night PFC and I met up w/ PFC's sisters and saw David Grisman at City Winery. What a cool venue for a show. David Grisman was excellent. His youngest son played bass w/ him. So neat that his son performs w/ him. We also had a great dinner there before the show. The fried risotto balls and the burrata were a hit. Yummy!

Tonight we are heading out to see a high school buddy of PFC's who is in from out of town. Saturday we are going to see my mom (JuJu) who is in town visiting my sister Stephie's newborn baby. Just yesterday we were talking about what a great time we had a JuJu's house for the holidays. We miss them! And on Sunday we are hosting PFC's family over for an afternoon of chili (Cincinnati style!) and catching up. Fun!

Have a great weekend! XO - D2

Some of my latest faves...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails