|CMC's bday gathering w/ some of her cousins|
Happy Friday! I cannot believe that it is the 17th of January. This month is flying by. CMC turns double digits on Monday (the big 10!). Nuts. Last Sunday we did a little baking action with some of her cousins on PFC's side of the family. And then MMC follows up with a birthday the last day of January. MMC will be 8. We have 3 Capricorns living under one roof (myself included)!
Earlier in the week I saw the movie August: Osage County. I thought it was very good. Talk about family dysfunction! The Weston family would give anyone's dysfunctional family a run for its money. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts were fantastic. I love Meryl Streep. She is such an amazing actress. And last weekend PFC and I saw American Hustle and loved it. Amy Adams was fantastic and I loved seeing all of the different clothing of that time. American Hustle definitely won its fair share of awards this past Sunday at the Golden Globes.
Last night PFC and I met up w/ PFC's sisters and saw David Grisman at City Winery. What a cool venue for a show. David Grisman was excellent. His youngest son played bass w/ him. So neat that his son performs w/ him. We also had a great dinner there before the show. The fried risotto balls and the burrata were a hit. Yummy!
Tonight we are heading out to see a high school buddy of PFC's who is in from out of town. Saturday we are going to see my mom (JuJu) who is in town visiting my sister Stephie's newborn baby. Just yesterday we were talking about what a great time we had a JuJu's house for the holidays. We miss them! And on Sunday we are hosting PFC's family over for an afternoon of chili (Cincinnati style!) and catching up. Fun!
Have a great weekend! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves...
- We're in full on Girl Scout cookie mode as Miss M is selling them. Here are 12 ways to use Thin Mints in recipes.
- Everyone feels as though they don't get enough sleep. An article on sleep.
- Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Here are some awesome valentine ideas! I love You're Dino Mite for GMC's friends. However, I think my fave = this Love Bug valentine. Super cute! This "I'm stuck on you" card is fun too!
- You can find some great Valentine's Day cards on Etsy. This Nuts about You card is adorable. And this You are Freaking Awesome card is super cute. Fave card = I Love You. End of Story. Another fave = I Heart You More than Coffee (this card is so me!).
- This skillet lasagna looks super YUMMY!
- Steven Alan partnered up w/ West Elm on some great items = FAB! Here is the full collection.
- Don't chat w/ me yet about last evening's Parenthood. I haven't watched it YET! Yikes. I cannot wait to catch up.
- This Easy Macaroni Casserole looks super family friendly.
- I had to laugh earlier in the week when I saw Grant Achatz's tweet about a couple bringing a baby to Alinea. Their sitter cancelled. Wow, I guess he even responded on Good Morning America. It is a touchy subject for sure. However, babies and Alinea just don't mix. Speaking of kids at restaurants, here are 10 eating rules French children know (but most Americans don't).
- 52 places to go in 2014. What's on your list?
- Good advice = ask the right questions. And some pillow talk.
- Some pics from a gorgeous wedding.
- These pear and hazelnut muffins look super tasty.
- You would get some great cost per wear out of this skirt.
- Here's a little sneak peak at Peter Pilotto for Target. Peter Pilotto is quite the fave of celebrities.
- A fun little quiz = what city should you actually live in? I got London! What did you get? I did study abroad in Bath for a semester and we went to London most weekends. Here is the description that I received for London = Let's be honest, you probably look pretty good in a Burberry trench coat. You're the type of person who loves city life, but without all the hype. Your ideal day consists of the Tate Modern, a pleasant evening at a nice restaurant, and a hot cup of tea before bed.
- The next big ingredients of 2014. Pittsburgh folks - check out slide #4.