|Annual Dinner at Five O'Clock Steakhouse in Milwaukee = old school, baby!|
|CMC is 11!|
|MMC is 9!|
|Valentine's Day Daddy Daughter Dance|
Happy Friday! We're heading out shortly to Crystal Mountain to ski for the long weekend. We're meeting up with a bunch of other families. It is going to be a blast! This will be GMC's first time skiing - fun!
Wishing everyone a FABULOUS Valentine's Day weekend! Stay warm!
XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- PFC and I had a great weekend trip to Milwaukee a few weeks ago. I love our annual winter tradition of a weekend there. We always head to 5 O'Clock Steakhouse one evening for dinner and then try out a new restaurant the next evening. This year we went to All Purpose and it was FANTABULOUS. Loved it. The food was fantastic and the decor was spot on. And we love retreating back to our hotel = Iron Horse Inn = LOVE it there! And we checked out a new spot for breakfast = Engine Co. No. 3 = amazing food.
- I LOVE all of these great Valentine's Day ideas = 3 easy Valentines for your coworkers and 14 ideas for non-candy Valentines. I LOVE Rifle & Co.'s Valentine's Day cards. And I got rid of my Otterbox iphone case for a new prettier one from Rifle & Co.
- Jimmy Fallon is killing it lately on The Tonight Show. OMG, love him! My latest two faves = Jimmy Fallon + Nicole Kidman = classic and Jimmy Fallon goes to Bayside HS.
- We met PFC's cousin's new baby girl the other day. She was wearing the cutest booties EVER. I've bookmarked this link for the next time I need a baby gift.
- Some tricks for avoiding small talk.
- News in the retail world = Madewell will be selling items at Nordstroms.
- I made Jenny Steffen's molten cakes for Christmas Eve dinner. They were surprisingly very easy and a huge hit. Next time I might try them w/ these paper souffle cups. These would be perfect for a Valentine's Day dessert!
- I've been eating this bruschetta lentil dip for lunch w/ cucumber slices. It is SO good and easy.
- The only 3 salts that you need.
- Okay, Parenthood is officially over. 6 seasons and the series finale was a few weeks ago. I cried and cried but they did a fantastic job on the last (ever!) episode. For sure. I already miss my Braverman clan.
- Nashville is on my list of cities to visit. I'm saving this post on 24 hours in Nashville. And 40 places to visit with your kids before they are all grown up.
- I snagged this pretty skirt on sale from Anthro. I wore it to a cocktail party last weekend and I can tell it will be one of those pieces in my closet that I will wear a few different ways.
- Chicago now has a Shake Shack = awesome! Here are some insider secrets of why their cheeseburgers are so delicious!
- PFC and I want to watch the documentary, Finding Vivian Maier.
- I might have to make these Magic 5 Snack Bites!
- Wahoo = Granville, OH made the top 10 list for best day trips. I spent 4 awesome years there at Denison University! PFC and I have said that we want to drive there at some point and bring the kids to show them the campus and town.