|CMC + MMC skiing at Crystal Mountain|
|GMC's 1st time skiing = success!|
|Pura Vida - chilling in Peninsula Papagayo|
Happy Friday! I cannot believe it is March. We are just a bit closer to spring (even if it doesn't feel like it yet)! Over President's Day weekend we went skiing with several local families. It was a blast but FREEZING. And just last Sunday PFC and I got back from Peninsula Papagayo w/ 2 other couples. We had the best time and were grateful for some vitamin D and warmer temps. It was a nice change of pace. Pura vida!
This weekend we'll be kicking off St. Patrick's Day w/ our local parade and some parties. I've gotta start thinking green. These St. Patrick's Day clover crowns are super cute. However, there was some talk during dinner last night of us heading out Saturday to ski as a family (warmer temps and sun!). We'll see what we decide to do!
Have a fabulous weekend! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- I read 3 books while we were away. LOVED The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. I also read Liane Moriarty's The Last Anniversary and The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin (great book!). Here is a list of 12 books you should read in 2015. Now I need a new one to read. Any suggestions?
- White paint is so tough. There are so many different shades of white - some cool and some warm. 14 top designers share their go-to white paint colors.
- PFC and I watched The Theory of Everything a few nights ago. Excellent movie. We both loved it. Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones were both outstanding. Oh, and it looks like Gillian Flynn's book Dark Places is going to be made into a movie (starring Charlize Theron).
- Interesting articles = the Dangers of Being Agreeable and The Scary Power of Negative Words.
- Some dinners that are on my list to make = chicken pot pie, pesto vegetarian lasagna, one pot orecchiette pasta, braised short ribs (PFC's favorite thing ever). And here are some crock pot meals.
- I love George Clooney. Always have. Loved his days on ER. The Clooney Effect.
- Totally digging Tom Odell's song Another Love. Have you heard about the basement tapes? They are some of Bob Dylan's never-seen lyrics that have been brought to life by Burnett, Costello, Giddens, Goldsmith, James and Mumford. Faves = "When I Get My Hands on You" and "Kansas City" by Mumford.
- Summer will be here at some point, right?! Some pretty dresses = Pina Lace Dress, Parted Emerald Dress (pricey but LOVE the color) and this Verda Maxi Dress. And for a limited time enjoy 20% off dresses at Anthro. Fun! And this necklace from J.Crew Factory has become a staple of mine.
- I like to mix and match bikini tops w/ bottoms (fave bottom = flounce swim skirt). I picked up this top before our trip to Costa Rica. Can't beat the price!
- I ordered a thank you gift from Heath Ceramics. If I'm out in Sausalito or SF I would love to go on a factory tour.
- I read this post on Food Fantasies and laughed (out loud!). My sisters and I play this game sometimes - where you don't take into account calories or overall health factors. My ideal would be reese's peanut butter cups (standard size) and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Yum!
- My favorite perfume = Jo Malone's Blue Agava and Cacao (layered w/ a bit of Pomegranate Noir). However, recently I discovered Lifetherapy's Pulse Point Oil Perfumes. I love the Calm scent. This would make a great gift!
- These hugging skeletons have been trending online. Powerful message. The video will make you smile (and want to hug someone!).