|GMC making his fave muffins = banana nutella muffins!|
Happy Friday! I feel as though March is always the calm before the madness of all things spring related (school coming to end, first communions, graduations, Mother's Day, and spring sport schedules). We're staying here during spring break and the girls have asked me to write up our staycation schedule. I'm still adding things to our list! We're kicking off the break w/ a cousin sleepover Sunday pm and I'm taking the older kids to see the musical All Shook Up at PFC's old high school alma mater. And the weather here next week might just be in our favor.
I'm SUPER excited to see my youngest sister this weekend. She is in town this weekend as she is part of The Graham Foundation's exhibition and publication project entitled, Why Write Alone? PFC and I are heading out to dinner on Saturday to meet up w/ my middle sister and her husband and then we'll catch up w/ the youngest pup. Pumped to check out Fig & Olive. The dinner menu looks fab!
Have a wonderful weekend. And safe travels to those who are going away for the week.
XO - d2
Some of my latest faves...
- I finished the book, Still Alice = loved it! Tough topic but great book. I just started The Missing Place by Sophie Littlefield.
- We've been making nutella banana muffins for years = a great way to use very ripe bananas. The kids LOVE these muffins. And GMC loves helping me make them. He is the first one to tell me when the bananas are brown!
- Alpana Singh's new restaurant, Seven Lions, looks really awesome. Early impressions.
- PFC and I saw the movie, American Sniper, last weekend. Excellent movie. Bradley Cooper was excellent. My boyfriend, Scott Eastwood, was in a preview for the new movie, The Longest Ride. What a cutie!
- LOVE this relaxed triple braid. Next on my list to try.
- Great Vanity Fair article on Chicago's own, Mellody Hobson. She's a rock star!
- Baked chickpeas with pita chips and yogurt = looks yummy!
- Think summer = Tori Praver swim suit collaboration for Target. Entire collection here. Love the triangle print.
- Pretty Woman turns 25 = no way!
- Get your writing on = sign up for the free writing kit from Egg Press and others. FUN = some great reasons to write a letter.
- Who doesn't love grilled cheese? Especially a grown up version! Yummy.
- Very excited for Lilly Pulitzer's collaboration w/ Target. Awesome stuff. Check it out! Too many favorite items to list.
- 10 ways to add unexpected color.
- Cute cropped embroidered laser cup top. Love this long laser cut skirt. Awesome jacket w/ large patch pockets.
- A friend was wearing some simple and pretty gold bar earrings the other day. Here is a pretty pair.
- Easter is coming up soon. Time to think about easter baskets for the kiddos. I picked up initial logo loops headbands for both girls from our local toy store, Geppetto's Toy Box. And I picked up a Bunny Popper for G. Maybe the Easter Bunny will bring me this adult coloring book. Fun!
- This slow cooker ham looks like a great option for Easter Sunday.
- Favorite Jackie O quotes of all time.