|Hanging out w/ dear friends at the fabulous Eden East in Austin, TX|
|Our menu from Eden East = OMG, Amazing!|
Fave = the soft deep fried egg!
|Iconic 'I love you so much' mural next to Jo's Coffee in the |
South Congress neighborhood of Austin =
had to take the pic!
|My latest favorite = Topo Chico (mineral water sold all over Austin, but PFC found some in Chi-town)|
|Hanging w/ my favorite peeps on Mother's Day|
|CMC's last lndian Princess Campout = IP Graduation Ceremony|
|G$ heading to one of his T-Ball games|
Happy Friday! I haven't posted in several weeks = the joys of what I'm referring to as May Madness! PFC and I were away in Austin the first weekend in May visiting some dear friends of ours. We had a wonderful time. I hadn't been to Austin in about 10ish years (and wow, the city has changed so much = check out the skyline alone!). We then had a jam packed Mother's Day weekend and this past weekend the girls were w/ PFC at their Indian Princess camp out. Indian Princess is one of their all time favorite activities = love that!
Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday weekend! I'm excited that I get to catch up briefly w/ my youngest sister who will be in town = fun! I'm always revisiting memories from my solo trip out to see her two years ago around this time = must do again! And I'm looking forward to catching our local Memorial Day parade (w/ my middle sister and her crew) and the BBQs, parties and gatherings that ensue.
Cheers to a wonderful long weekend! Happy Memorial Day! XO - d2
Some of my latest faves:
- PFC and I had a really great time visiting our friends in Austin. Such an awesome city. We hit up some really great spots = Tacodeli (awesome tacos made w/ fresh and local ingredients), dinner at Eden East (ah-mazing super unique farm to table spot in the city limits of Austin where we were able to tour the farm grounds = loved it and had the opportunity to experience celebrity guest chef Georgia Pellegrini's fabulous tasting menu), fabulous breakfast at Snack Bar (= super yummy), stopped by Guero's Taco Bar and chilled outside listening to music, pit stop at Jo's Coffee (and photo op = 'I love you so much' graffiti), popped into The Continental for a bit (so cool!), browsed around Uncommon Objects (PFC was in heaven!) and then our last night in town we had dinner at Lamberts (= OMG, yummy!). I instantly fell in love w/ Topo Chico mineral waters that were at every bar and restaurant (so much in fact that PFC and the kids took a field trip to a Jimenez grocery store and picked some up to surprise me for Mother's Day!). But most importantly, it was so good to catch up w/ someone who I have known for so long and was w/ me though various chapters in my life (= college and then as roommates after college - my DC days!).
- Speaking of dear friends, I recently read some of A Cup of Jo's posts on friendship = interesting and so true = The Secret to Female Friends, If Guys Vacationed Like Girls (made me laugh so hard = so true!), and Making Friends as an Adult. Some of these exact topics have come up recently w/ some girlfriends.
- Austin, TX has been on my mind this month = check out this awesome 400 square foot house. Adorable! Totally intrigued by the perforated-copper panels from Parasoleil.
- Movie on my list = Love & Mercy. It's been awhile = need a John Cusack fix!
- Two favorites = Rifle Paper Co. + LeSportsac = a gorgeous collaboration of bags! LOVE!
- Cute jumpsuit for spring/summer. Love the pattern!
- Can't wait until summer is here. I love peaches and I cannot wait to try out this Skillet Basil-Peach Chicken breasts. Yum!
- These kid's party cups are adorable! So cute. Who doesn't love googly eyes?! I'll have to remember this idea.
- As a family we are trying to be more conscientious of the filler word "like." I caught myself a few weeks ago sounding "like" Cher from Clueless. Such a tough habit to knock. What does your filler word say about you?
- Love this = 20 soul building words for the ones you love.
- Spring always makes me think about purging and finding ways to simplify. The book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, has been on my list for awhile. Right now it is sitting in a pile waiting to be read! Has anyone read it?! I understand that the author is a bit quirky but hey, who isn't?! And the other day someone mentioned that she enjoyed the book, The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. I'm adding it to my list! Looks charming and light yet offers up some thoughtful questions along the way. The running joke in The Rosie Project = "Humans often fail to see what is close to them and obvious to others" = we all fall victim to that exact sentiment at some point, right?!
- Sunny days ahead = my go to guide for sunscreen (via the Environmental Working Group). I'm trying to stick to zinc based sunscreens these days.