|Heading to a holiday party! Our little photo bomber = G$!|
|Ski lessons for G$|
Happy Friday and Happy New Year! Cheers to a fabulous 2016. We had a really nice and long winter break. The kids enjoyed some down time and it was nice to be without a schedule for a bit (but it was definitely nice this past Monday to get back on track). My Dad (big George) was with us for a week and we hosted Christmas Day with him and my sister and her crew.
I'm heading out later this afternoon to meet up w/ PFC downtown. We're meeting at Au Cheval for a burger and then heading to a movie = perfect birthday celebration (that I share w/ Elvis!). Au Cheval has been on my list for awhile now. Everywhere I turn I read about their burgers - can't wait! Why people wait for hours for Au Cheval's cheeseburger! VERY excited to check it out because come Monday I'm starting a 30 day cleanse - the 30 Clean. Please send any great recipes my way. I know some of you are doing a clean too!
And lastly, I wanted to share that I'm starting a new endeavor that I'm super excited about. I just signed on as a consultant for Beautycounter. Their mission is to get safe products into the hands of everyone. I was absolutely shocked to learn that the US has not passed a federal law to regulate the ingredients used in personal care products since 1938. And to date, Europe has banned 1,300 ingredients, the US has only banned 11. I'm alarmed that personal care companies are allowed to use known toxins - ingredients linked to cancer, reproductive issues, hormone disruption - without telling us. At Beautycounter, they have banned more than 1,500 ingredients setting a new health and safety standard - all while ensuring their products perform, and that they're as indulgent as any luxe shampoo, lipstick or oil in the market. Check out this compelling video. It will definitely make you think more about the products you are using. And feel free to contact me for more information.
Have a wonderful weekend!
XO - D2
Have a wonderful weekend!
XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- PFC and I saw the movie Joy the other day. Here's a little more about the real Joy, the inspiration behind the movie and here.
- I read the following books over break = Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty and Judy Blume's In the Unlikely Event. And I just started Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff.
- And speaking of books I'm very anxious to read Joanna Goddard's brother in law's book, When Breath Becomes Air. Click here for a review. I've followed and read his essays (How Long Have I Got and Before I Go) via A Cup of Jo. I've referenced his essays many times. And here is Joanna's sister piece, My Marriage Didn't End When I became a Widow.
- Are Jennifer Garner and Patrick Dempsey secretly dating?!
- These are the cutest pics of Prince George at his nursery school. What a doll!
- Hilarious = pics of a hot doctor and his husky are everywhere! Not sure who is more cute!
- Great little bit on the Sportsperson of the Year = Serena Williams.
- These herbed goat cheese sandwiches by Ina Garten were a hit at my sister's holiday party.
- LOVE the new sweaters that Everlane just came out w/! LOVE the waffle knit tunic.
- Both C + M's birthdays are coming up. All 3 of the Carr gals in our family have birthdays in January. Busy month! We are sticking to our tradition of making homemade cakes for birthdays (we started on G$'s 4th birthday). This double layer chocolate cake looks amazing.
- Since joining Beautycounter I'm slowly overhauling my makeup bag and skin care products. Some of my faves thus far = Lustro Face Oil #2, Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer (replaced my beloved Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer), Lip Gloss (in buff), Color Shade Eye Duo (in Pearl/Champagne).
- Excited to try this Best Ever Beef Stew. Not sure if it fits the bill of the 30 day clean though.
- A couple of great pieces on sale at Zara: menswear coat, printed flounce dress, can combined top w/ zipped back.
- Okay, everyone seems OBSESSED w/ Netflix's 'Making a Murderer' documentary crime series. Has anyone been watching it? Maybe it will fill the hole PFC and I have on Sunday evenings now that The Affair and Homeland are done for the season.