|Wedding at the Drake Hotel|
Happy Friday! My sister and I are in FL visiting my dad. Perfect timing to get out of the cold! I'm excited to spend some quality time w/ the two of them. And then Sunday when I get back we are heading to the Blackhawks game as a family. The girls have been asking to go to a game for awhile so we are going for their birthdays. I still can't believe CMC turned 12 on Wednesday and MMC turns 10 later in the month! Time flies. Pumped for our first Hawks game!! Wahoo.
Have a great weekend! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves...
- The Oh Joy collaboration w/ Target is adorable. Check it out. So cute!
- Madewell's spring collection. Favorite = the button back dress.
- Great list = 10 things your kids need to be able to do on their own by middle school.
- It's been freezing (single digits!) this week. Brrrr. I've been wearing my trusty down loopner scarf that my youngest sister gave me last Christmas. It's on sale right now - perfect time for someone to snag one. Great gift too!
- We were at PFC's cousin wedding this weekend. It was simply amazing. She was a gorgeous bride! And we put together a flash mob, how fun?!
- Interesting article = Contaminating Our Bodies w/ Everyday Products.
- I'm SUPER pumped to try Beautycounter's new Style Sea Salt Spray! And AWESOMENESS = the Charcoal Bars are back as they were a HIT during the holidays. Everyone LOVES them. Let me know if you want a sample as I'm dropping/sending some out next week. AND it's time to start thinking about Valentine's Day = check out these great Valentine's sets from Beautycounter. Perfect gifts!
- I'm excited to finish the book Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff on my trip. I also brought the book When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi. I've been following his essays and his wife's essay via Paul's sister in law, Joanna Goddard of A Cup of Jo. And then next book in my line up = Not Just a Pretty Face (the ugly side of the beauty industry) by Stacy Malkan.
- PFC and I watched Billions this past Sunday. Loved it! It's helping our withdrawal from Homeland and The Affair!
- G$ will be in Kindergarten next year. Kindergarten the new first grade? Sad.
- 5 Milwaukee bars w/ fireplaces to cozy up w/ this winter. So pumped = booked our annual Milwaukee weekend get away. We LOVE the Iron Horse Hotel = awesome! We've been going to Milwaukee over the years = 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010.
- This will be interesting = Vail Resorts by urban ski area outside of Chicago (aka - Wilmot). Exciting!
- The kids are a few years off from college but we'll blink and we'll be at that point = Rethinking College Admissions. We blinked and all of a sudden CMC is 12 and in Middle School. It happens so fast!
- The Environmental Working Group's Dietary Guidelines. Clear advice on the guidelines. And btw, I'm totally rocking it w/ the 30 day clean. Been so GOOD! However, I might have to treat myself to another burger at Au Cheval when this is OVER!
- Brilliant and so easy = teach your child not to interrupt in one simple step.
- Sad = the passing of David Bowie.