|Our 1st Blackhawks Game|
|Getting ready to head into the Stadium for the game!|
Happy Friday! I cannot believe we are now in February. Valentine's Day is less than 2 weeks away = yikes! This year (similar to last year) Valentine's Day falls over Presidents Day Weekend and we'll be up in MI at Crystal Mountain skiing w/ the kids. Super excited! Some day we'll check out the big leagues and head out west to ski but for now this is perfect.
My middle sister and I were able to sneak away and visit my dad in FL two weekends ago. It was so nice to catch up w/ him and his girlfriend and just kind of "be" for a bit. Some of our faves that weekend = lunch at The Seafood Bar at The Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach (what a gorgeous hotel!), checking out Worth Avenue, and checking out the sea turtles at the Loggerhead Marinelife Center.
Tonight the girls will be hanging w/ PFC at the Daddy Daughter Valentine's Day dance. G$ and I will be there as PFC's assistants as he is in charge of the entire dance this year via Indian Princess. The girls LOVE this event and always look forward to it every year. Let's just say there will be lots of pink and red and little dancing ladies!
And tomorrow PM we have a dinner party w/ PFC's Marquette crew. Looking forward to it!
Cheers to a fabulous weekend!
XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- The play, The Flick, looks really great and is playing at the Steppenwolfe Theatre. It won the Pulitzer Prize for drama in 2014.
- How many of you have read Liane Moriarty's book, Big Little Lies? OMG, so beyond excited for the HBO series that is coming out based on the book. Great cast (and big names) = Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon. And for those of you who liked JoJo Moyes book, Me Before You, it is being made into a movie come summer. That book brought me to tears. One of the best books ever. I'm so there the first week it opens (w/ a pack of tissues in tow)!
- I know I've mentioned that Beautycounter's Nourishing Cleansing Balm = the total "Miracle" balm. But I've just gotta say it again = LOVE it! Get to know the Balm! And there is still time (until February 14th) to purchase one of BC's Valentine's Day packages. My faves = the Best of Mini or the Best of Face. Great value on the packages too! Personally I bought one of the Best of Minis = perfect for traveling!
- Anyone familiar w/ Rocks Box?! Someone mentioned this to me the other day and I immediately checked it out. For $19.95/month you get unlimited access to rent from an ever-rotating closet of designer jewelry. It's all about the accessories anyway, right?!
- Okay, I'm still rocking and rolling on The 30 Day Clean. I picked up a few Vosges chocolate bars the other day as gifts - and I decided that I want to try the Coconut Carmel & Tart Cherry Bar soon (but after the Clean of course)! It's one of their bars I have yet to try.
- Maybe we'll print out one of these GIANT Valentine's Day posters for PFC. Fun!
- Everlane came out w/ their first ankle boot. Super cute!
- Meet the Chicagoan who designed a kitchen for the Coppolas.
- High School buddy Cooked 90 Meals in One Month and how it changed his cooking.
- Loved my friend's post on Growth (loved her list of 10). Reminded me a bit of a question that G$ asked me the other day = What are you going to be when you grow up? Do you think you could be a teacher and be in my classroom next year?! Cute. While I'm not going back to school to be a teacher I will always be a teacher in many ways as a parent. And really appreciated her #10 = Authenticity.