|Skiing at Crystal Mountain|
|Our little Trooper = G$|
Happy Friday! Last weekend we had an absolute blast skiing over the long weekend in Thompsonville, MI at Crystal Mountain. I even skied myself and had a lesson = big deal for me! Unfortunately, G$ broke his clavicle but has been a total trooper. Let's just say that he's rocking out w/ a lot of lego sets (one handed!). It will be a few weeks before he can return to his usual activities.
Excited to head out to a cocktail party tonight to kick off the River Forest Tennis Club season = always a fun event! And after that we're heading to FitzGerald's to catch the Bono brothers. Some of our dear friends are in town = awesome (and we'll be able to catch up w/ them at FitzGerald's). CMC is in the chorus for the school musical so tomorrow we're all heading to the Middle School to catch Charlie Brown = fun! And SO pumped that we have nothing on tap tomorrow PM = time to catch up on life and PFC/I can catch up on episodes of Billions. LOVE IT! LOVE Damien Lewis as Bobby Axelrod. Is anyone else watching Billions?! And then Sunday morning I get to hang w/ a dear college friend and some gal pals.
Cheers to a fabulous weekend! And what's up w/ this crazy unseasonably warm weather?!
XO - d2
My Latest Obsessions:
- Interesting = Dorothy Hamill's note to her younger self.
- So, PFC and I are heading to Milwaukee in a few weekends for our annual Milwaukee Weekend away. Some restaurants I've been eyeing = Sanford, c.1880 and Ardent. Last year we tried All Purpose and LOVED it. Any suggestions?! And I always stop in and pick up some Colectivo coffee = the best!
- How to wear plaid. My favorite way = her wearing it w/ a ball skirt. I did something similar over the holidays = a plaid (holiday-esque plaid shirt) w/ a black dressy skirt. It was super cute!
- I've never wanted a real tattoo. They are beautiful in their own right but not for me. My kids are OBSESSED w/ temporary tattoos. 15 tattoos that will give you ink envy. Here are some super cute temporary pizza tattoos. Look at these pretty metallic tattoos = 40% off Tattly's site right now. Love the Be Happy one.
- Pretty awesome = Lake Geneva = one of the 12 Most Luxurious Lake Towns in the World. Can't wait to get back out there this spring/summer = my sister and brother in law bought a place there this past summer.
- My favorite winter scarf is on SUPER sale. Buy one NOW! Best purchase EVER. I live in mine. Makes a perfect gift too!
- Pretty cool = family friendly victorian house in SF.
- Next up on my list to make = these yummy looking all natural fridge cookies!
- LOVE this simple black dress. So pretty and versatile.
- Some really cute stuff from the Daryl K collection w/ Madewell. Love the Bonnie Dress and this Denim Shirt Dress.
- It's never too early to start thinking about summer! I love my Scout bags for the pool. Some fun new colors! The Pocket Rocket is my fave! And everyone can use an Errand Boy!
- What is the right dose of exercise for a longer life?!
- Love this Beauty Uniform via A Cup of Jo. And how great is Caroline's apartment = love the dark moody paint colors.
- Fingers crossed that we'll secure the documentary STINK (Why are toxic Chemicals Hiding in America) at Oak Park's Lake Theatre this spring = stay tuned! Here's a review of the documentary.
- Love this = two tone (black/navy) Cotton Double-Knit Turtleneck. More importantly, love Everlane's mission = Radical Transparency.
- Okay, so I've been hearing how much everyone loves Beautycounter's Nourishing Cleansing Balm as an overnight mask = I can officially say I've joined that camp for sure. So many different uses. Used it this week as a mask = in love!
- And btw, I'm thrilled to be working w/ a company that is truly working hard to change the personal care industry = Beautycounter's mission to Reform the Beauty Industry. ROCK ON!