|Wedding at La Casa Del Camino - Laguna Beach|
Happy Friday! Well, PFC and I just got back from CA - and we had a wonderful trip. We stayed in Santa Monica for a night and then headed to Laguna Beach for a wedding. It was nice to get away and recharge. JuJu and my stepdad flew here and held down the fort. They had a great time hanging out w/ C + M and Georgie.
Such a great trip = Viceroy Santa Monica for a night. We arrived around Noon last Thursday and walked down to Venice Beach and then did a little shopping on Abbott Kinney Blvd. We stopped in Lemonade for a blood orange lemonade (so delicious) and then perused some items in Steven Alan (cute dress). We had an AMAZING dinner at Capo. Both of us agreed that it was one of the best dinners we have had in a long time. Great atmosphere there too - warm and cozy (and it helped that we were situated next to a very chic parisian couple). I'm still dreaming about my rigatoni with truffle meat sauce and the white corn ravioli with truffle (I couldn't decide so the waitress gave me portions of both entrees = FAB idea)! And PFC had the filet grilled over their wood fired grill - so yummy. And we started w/the heirloom tomato vegetable with burrata cheese = DIVINE. We basically rolled out of the restaurant back to our hotel and sleep very well. The next morning we grabbed breakfast at Cora's Coffee Shoppe (so delicious). Of course we didn't leave the area without a celeb sighting - we saw Brooke Burke and David Charvet (remember him in Baywatch?)at Geoffrey's (killer spot overlooking the water in Malibu). And then we were off to Laguna to meet up w/the crew for the wedding. We stayed at La Casa Del Camino and the wedding took place on the rooftop overlooking the ocean (GORGEOUS). The evening before the wedding we had dinner at Las Brisas (which my mom informed me we had been to when we were little). Talk about amazing view...WOW. And now we are home!
Some of my latest faves...
- Martha Martha Martha - of course, she had a FAB birthday party! Pretty cool photo coasters.
- We know we need to take the kids to Disneyland at some point. Check out this hilarious video (her reaction starts around 1:55). Pretty funny!
- Chocolate black pepper cookies = YUMMY!
- Great dress (and doubles as a skirt too). FUN!
- Steve Jobs' speech from Stanford University - How to live before you die - excellent speech.
- I love quilts. Check out this paper quilt from Linda & Harriett.
- Grey Likes Weddings - a great site for wedding inspiration!
- A friend has this phone (that you attach to your cell) = SO FUN!
- Broiled grapefruit with brown sugar and ginger = perfect for breakfast!
- Cute top - snails and all.