|I started Rob Lowe's book = LOVE HIM!|
This past Monday I had dinner w/ one of my longest standing friends. It was SO nice to catch up. We had dinner at my favorite place in Lincoln Park = Athenian Room. LOVE it there. I get the same thing every time and I'm usually seated at the same table.
This upcoming Monday our little GMC turns 2!!! So exciting. The girls are not happy that we aren't having a big party like we did last year. This year we are keeping it small and singing Happy Birthday to our favorite guy with some Elmo cupcakes. We laugh at Georgie - as his favorite things = Elmo, painting his toes, playing dress up w/ C + M, wearing jewelry (can you tell he lives in a household of girls!?).
Some of my latest faves:
- Some summer salads that I want to try! And aren't these great wooden salad bowls? Love the hot pink color.
- Adorable nautical cake pops! Love these.
- LOVE this article from blogger Bethany Meyer of 4 godssake boys about snapshots of summer (w/ kids). Hilarious and heartfelt and SO true! She definitely needs to do a follow up article for the end of summer/start of the school year (always a crazed time).
- Lovely summer picnic kits - which I'll never make because I don't know how to sew (on my list of goals for 20XX!!). But cute nonetheless.
- Cute Ikat Orange & Grey bag. Great price too.
- TOMS fall 2012 collection - some really cute ones!
- One can always use more tea towels. Love this little Tweet Tea Towel.
- Adorable reversible clutches. I would probably buy the gold and chevron one. Too cute.
- Great gift idea = Summer 5 Pack of Jenni's Ice Cream. YUMMY! This would make a great hostess gift after you have left a weekend stay somewhere.
- Love this colorful scarf.
- So, I finished the last book in the 50 Shades of Grey series and now I'm on to Rob Lowe's book, Stories I Only Tell My Friends. I told PFC that in the next couple of weeks I really want to watch The Outsiders again. What an amazing cast = Rob Lowe, Matt Dillon, Patrick Swayze, Emilio Estevez, Diane Lane. And speaking of books I discovered a new website that shows all the books reviews in one fell swoop.
- How fun do these pop up dinner parties look?! Check out this rooftop dinner party. Love it!
- LOVE these boots for fall = Frye Paige Tall Riding Boots. Who doesn't love any boot by Frye?!
Have an AWESOME weekend!