|Sister LOVE = C + M|
|Family Trip in Saugatuck (Summer 2012)|
Happy Friday! It is GORGEOUS out and a bit cooler (kind of San Diego-esque if you ask me) today. LOVE IT! We had a BLAST last weekend at our dear friend T's place in Saugatuck. It was the perfect setting for 7 adults and 6 kids. We enjoyed awesome dinners after the kiddos went to bed and just CHILLED. Much needed. PFC/I always feel like we are on the GO. ALL. THE. TIME. Fun but it can get exhausting. We are delighted to be doing NOTHING tonight. PFC always breathes a sigh of relief the evenings I tell him we have NOTHING going on. After the kids are in bed maybe we'll rent a movie.
Tomorrow we are having 3 of our nephews and 1 niece over for the day/overnight. The kids are SUPER excited to hang w/ their cousins. We are making these chocolate chip cookies and going to see if they are the only ones we'll make from this point on. We started the process yesterday as they highly suggest refrigerating the dough for 36 hours (meaning that tonight we'll actually bake the cookies). We shall see! Excited to see (and taste) the results.
Have an awesome weekend! Summer is slowly but surely (and unfortunately) coming to an end...
Some of my latest faves...
- The girls LOVED watching the FAB (or Fierce) Five during the Summer Olympics this summer. Every night at 7 pm they would run to the couch (pjs on and showered) and wait for PFC to get home to watch the Olympics. They LOVED it. So we bought tix to the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics - they are going to flip! We are keeping it a surprise!
- I was on a hunt to find a FAB chocolate chip cookie recipe yesterday. I stumbled upon quite a few = Jacques Torres' recipe in Martha Stewart / healthy chocolate chip cookies (might try these) / Cook's Illustrated's Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie (involves browning the butter). We ended up w/ the one above - we shall see!
- Joanna's Goddard's post on scheduling sex. Interesting topic!
- LOVE this dotty blazer. Would be great for fall!
- Bon Appetit's Best New Restaurants. This old fashioned blueberry coffee cake from Cakes & Ales looks DIVINE! This is a must try in my book.
- I've been thinking about fall lately - as soon the girls will be back at school. So, when I stumbled upon this recipe for Butternut Squash Ravioli w/ Saged Brown Butter I took notice. Come fall, I'm going to try this one out for sure!
- The legendary editor of Cosmo passed away this week. Here are some great quotes from Helen Gurley Brown. My fave = "Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere."
- I haven't gotten tired of all the Call Me Maybe spoofs and you tube videos. Those Harvard boys really had something going. Totally digging this one here. Great voices. LOVE this!
- Totally heart this fabric by Liberty of London. I think it would make such a pretty bed skirt or duvet cover.
- Pretty lace dress w/ flared skirt.
- This post on Sisterly Love reminded me of the pic of C + M above.
- And lastly, maybe we'll make these Spiced Peach Pancakes SUN am for our guests!
Enjoy your weekend! XO