|GMC's first official haircut|
Happy Friday! Happy August. I cannot believe that we have hit August already. Crazy. Summer is flying by. The summer has been great. I honestly thought that GMC would be much harder to handle at this crazy 2 year old stage in terms of the summer and the girls but all has been well. He (along w/ his sisters) LOVE the pool which has been great.
We are off to Saugatuck this weekend and staying with some of our dear friends. Very excited to get away and chill with all the kids. Last time I was in Saugatuck it was for a night en route to T's amazing wedding. We are in charge of dinner for the crew Friday PM. Menu = Barefoot Contessa's yummy Corn Salad, Mozarella Salad (fresh basil and tomatoes courtesy of my friend's garden), pub burgers, sliced watermelon, and yummy Almond Florentine and Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream sandwiches for dessert (sinful but divine!). And of course I'm using my fave = Graeter's Black Raspberry chip ice cream (SO amazing) - and best part is that you can now find Graeter's ice cream at your local grocery store.
Some of my latest faves...
- Cute heart earrings.
- Gorgeous gown - would make a lovely wedding dress.
- How amazing is this treehouse?! I would LOVE it. It could be my secret hide away where I would read and drink flavored coffee. Speaking of reading, I'm totally into my latest book = Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I just finished! I read that Gillian lives in Chicago - didn't realize that. And Gone Girl is going to become a movie produced by Reese Witherspoon. Cannot wait. Any good book recommendations? I need another one ASAP!
- Kind of random = bikinis and books.
- Some Olympic inspired pillows. Fave = Tennis Player Flapper Girl.
- Interesting headboards. Design* Sponge did a little sneak peak into her place. Lovely.
- This photo just exudes COOLNESS. Love it.
- Yummy looking pink lemonade cookies.
- Pretty wood painted necklace!
- Wow - lots going on in Olympic Village. What happens in Olympic Village stays in Olympic Village. Oh, to be one of the best athletes in the world!!!
- Everyone loves Peter Pan. Aren't these bedazzled peter pan collars cute?!
- Looking for some different hippie chic shoes to take you through the rest of summer = Painted Bird shoes. FUN!
- So, we tried to hold out on GMC's haircut so that we could go to our friend John Haagenson's new Lemonmade Style & Snips. The above pic is from there. We had a blast there. The place is ADORABLE. So great to have a place as such close by. The logo/design work was done by the talented Nicole of Design Womb.