Wow. Where to begin. Where to end. The wedding weekend for Taryn/Brian was spectacular. Such a unique and well-detailed wedding and the wedding felt so "Taryn/Brian-esque." Simply amazing. Martha Stewart would be SWOONING over the many small details that gave the wedding that special personal touch.
The weekend began at Taryn's Grandmother's home on Glen Lake. It was the perfect setting for the "lakeside chic" event that ended with s'mores on the beach! We even had a beautiful sunset right over the lake that set the backdrop for this lovely evening. The after-hours crew headed to Art's Tavern for more cocktails and fun!
Saturday we all waited at The Homestead resort for a trolley to take us to Sun Moon Ranch where the ceremony and reception were being held. Sun Moon Ranch is a working llama farm with breathtaking views. Taryn's childhood and dear friend Ben officiated the wedding and it could not have been more heartfelt. Taryn and Brian put the ceremony together themselves and definitely made it their own. Special readings were selected that were meaningful and funny to the bride/groom. A quote was read from the movie When Harry Met Sally (starting with "I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out.") and the words to the song "I Wanna Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler were read. And one of Taryn's good friends sang the song "Two of Us" by The Beatles. Love the lyrics - so pretty. The ceremony recessed with the bride/groom walking away to "All You Need is Love" by The Beatles.
We then headed to the barn for cocktails and yummy hors d'oeuvres. There was an adorable photobooth and the photostrips were used to make advice cards for the newlyweds! We were then led into a gorgeous and magnificently decorated tent - with two long king tables. I cannot even describe the tables - simply gorgeous (head to my facebook page for more photos). LOVED the peacock plates. The menu for the evening included the following courses:
- pumpkin and roasted chestnut soup with toasted pumpkin seeds
- yellow delicious apple and arugula salad with toasted pignoli, shaved fennel and honey-mascarpone dressing
- apple and orange zest sorbetto
- herb-crusted and slow roasted game hen served with Sardinian fregola con pomodoro a olio and shaved brussels sprouts with pancetta (LOVED the brussels sprouts)
- fresh fettuccine tossed with asparagus, truffles & light cream accompanied by shaved brussels sproats
- chilled chocolate fondue with biscotti and assorted fruits imported italian cheeses served family style with accompaniments
All the food was amazing and so well prepared. Each course had a wine pairing.
The rest of the evening was filled with lots of dancing and socializing (in and out of the tent - and in the barn).
The weekend was spectacular - every detail thought of! Peter and I briefly stopped at the brunch and said goodbye to the newlyweds! We LOVE you Taryn and Brian!