|Enjoying some ice cream at Green City Market in LP|
|The Lovely Miss Catherine McLinden Carr|
Happy Friday! We are in countdown to school mode. This year we don't go back until the Friday after Labor Day (yes that means we had 98 days of summer). While fun, we are all getting a LITTLE antsy. Swim team is over and we are running out of steam. Well, okay, maybe I'm running out of steam (and ideas to keep us all occupied)! So, thankfully we have one last family outing planned. We are heading to Kinnikinnick Farm this Sunday for 3 nights. We are all SUPER excited. A friend passed along the farm and I have been reading about it here and here. This past Wednesday we went to Green City Market in Lincoln Park as I wanted the kids to meet the farmers and see how they sell their produce. Very fun!
This week I was able to catch up w/ a dear friend who I had not seen in a very long time. We went to one of my favorite spots in Lincoln Park = Athenian Room. Love that place. I get the SAME thing EVERY time. Love it. And then last night we went to dinner w/ one of our favorite (see couple crush below!) couples and had a FABULOUS meal at Gaetano's. The meal was AWESOME!
We are having a chill evening tonight and then tomorrow Peter/I are stopping by a cocktail party and then heading to dinner by ourselves for a date night. We have reservations at West Town Tavern but I may change it up. We have not been there in a long time. Last time we were there my Mom/Travis met Peter for the first time.
Some of my latest faves...
- Love this = a DIY popsicle chandelier.
- Tiny Triangle rings = LOVE these. Super cute.
- Best Berry Cobbler - want to try this ASAP before berries are out of season!
- I've talked about girl crushes before. Here is an article about couple crushes. Mine are mostly celebrity couples (like Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson = most normal hollywood couple out there) but I do have a few "real" couple crushes too! Whose your couple crush?!
- The fabulous Bethany Meyer of the blog 4 Gods Sakes Boys wrote this article/post - 50 Shades of Grey 10 years later! HILARIOUS.
- Oh Harry! You definitely are the fun one my dear. Your bro William was unimpressed though - he does indeed need to be the responsible one!
- GMC tried this yummy ice cream at the Green City Market this week = Snookel Fitz Ice Cream. It was YUMMY.
- These brownies look AMAZING. Must make soon!
- We had some guests last Sunday morning w/ us. I made this YUMMY and DELICIOUS Baked French Toast. It was devoured very quickly. SUPER easy as I made it the evening before and just popped in the oven the morning of. Perfection.
- Five beautiful Movie Kitchens. Love them.
- 10 Ways to Carve more time in to your day. The one that works best for me = consolidating errands (works even better sans kiddos!).
- My sister and I RELIGIOUSLY watched 90210 from day 1. I went back and forth crushing on Brandon Walsh (the good guy) and Dylan McKay (the bad boy). LOVE these Old Navy commercials w/ the old gang.
- I stumbled upon this amazing looking quaint hotel in Vermont. I'm adding it to my list. It looks FABULOUS.
- I'm not sure how I feel about this ad w/ Michael Phelps and soviet gymnast Latynina for Louis Vuitton. Michael has beat her medal record.
- Love it = Method + Orla Kiely.